• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

peel & seal

jdeoliveira74

So I did some sound deading today used the peel and seal on the floor of the m1009... Its makes a big difference! much quieter. I have worked with dyno mat before its real close

sierrajcharlie

How did it go? Been wanting to do a roll on liner in my oh9 but had thought about this stuff too. I've roofed with it and know you only have one chance to get it into place. Also, it's tougher than nails. Any words of wisdom on what not to do? Pictures?

jdeoliveira74

well maybe the pics did upload:mrgreen:... Put carpet in from the civi blazer I have sitting in the drive and some carpet pad too! will up load more pics tomorrow!

jdeoliveira74

most lowes home Improvement carry it in the 6 inch roll... home depot carries something similar caller quick roof repair also in a 6" roll alot of building supply or roofing supply places carry it. its buytl rubber roofing with a aluminum outer coating...

Vintage iron

Dyno Mat and all of the others are a rip off. it is the same a waterproofing membrane. Just don't buy the stuff with the sand finish. The best stuff that I have used is called Bituthene it is used to waterproof commercial buildings. Just make sure, that is where you want it. It will not come off, if everything is clean.

jdeoliveira74

how's the smell? my readings lead me to believe that the asphalt based peel and seal will stink in the heat...
I installed it today and i didnt notice it at all to be honest and it was pretty hot today. Did it in the sun for a good warm surface make sure it is there forever.

I will let you know tomorrow after it sits all day in the heat

Smokingman

This is the exact same thing I was planning on my M1009.I actually am picking up a 3 foot wide roll in the next couple days.Then i plan on padding and carpet.

jdeoliveira74

I noticed a difference big time just with the peel and seal. I could hear my radio on level 12 while crusing it was amazing. Having a passenger in there will be a great test to see if we can talk with out yelling.
I plan to do the rest of the truck soon.. under driver and passenger both doors and the side walls of the back of truck. Probably do the dash and as far up the fire wall I can get ! Will do two layers on floor under driver and passenger seat and fire wall then pad and carpet for sure.

Last edited:

sierrajcharlie

Thanks for the picts. Not quite what I was thinking of. Looks like it worked though! I'm thinking of using the ice barrier that you put down before shingles or roof tin. It comes in 3 foot wide rolls and sticks on contact with anything. Not sure if I'd get a odor with it, that's a hanging point on the idea. Anybody out there use it? Thanks!

jdeoliveira74

Thanks for the picts. Not quite what I was thinking of. Looks like it worked though! I'm thinking of using the ice barrier that you put down before shingles or roof tin. It comes in 3 foot wide rolls and sticks on contact with anything. Not sure if I'd get a odor with it, that's a hanging point on the idea. Anybody out there use it? Thanks!
this also comes in a 3' wide roll they just didnt have any instock. So it was an experiment anyway. I did the entire back for 32.00. Your talking about icy weather barrier Its the same minus the aluminum top coat. should be fine from what I have seen

sierrajcharlie

Cool. By chance the wife's on her way to an area with a menards. I'll have to give her a call to pick up a roll or two. Maybe I'll save big money. :lol: Here I was wondering what I was going to do with my weekend. It'll be a really good project to have done! Thanks for the info!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks