• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

peel & seal

jdeoliveira74

it has an aluminum face... i dont see why you couldnt bed line over it I was thinking the same thing myself. As far as smell I have not noticed any smell at all...

jdeoliveira74

So I went a little nuts today did some more quick roof repair and then built some side walls carpeted them and installed some 6x9 speakers in the rear. sounds so much better. Still need to do the doors and floor of driver and passenger side maybe next weekend. truck bed spray on liner works and sticks really well to the peel and seal

Attachments

Peel & seal is great roofing ,but beware once it sticks even to it self your done. There is no real smell and it doesnt melt with normal conditions. I dont think you will have any success coat it with anything. as roofing cant beat it!:mrgreen:

jdeoliveira74

Did driver side door yesterday.. put some inside the door on the outer skin and then did the inside of the door. no more hollow ring when you shut it .. may do passenger side today. Then the front floor and fire wall next weekend...

jacksmad1

I called and spoke with the manufacturer to find out the specs on this stuff. The product that Home Depot sells and the Lowes sells comes off the same mfg line. No difference except for the packaging. So buy whichever is cheapest or whichever store is closest.

cpf240

Did driver side door yesterday.. put some inside the door on the outer skin and then did the inside of the door. no more hollow ring when you shut it .. may do passenger side today. Then the front floor and fire wall next weekend...
This stuff is coated with aluminum, yes? Should we be concerned about its conductivity, especially in the firewall area? I'd hate to see something sort out on it!

Other than that, I think this is a great idea, and will be doing it once I get the floor cleaned up, repaired, and prepped.

Thanks for the info!

jdeoliveira74

I have done the entire inside of my truck except the roof areas.. Helped alot to where I can now use my cell phone and people can hear me on the other end. Question of the day is can we use it inside the engine compartment??? with it hold up to the heat of the engine??

ssdvc

I was going to ask the same question. If it holds up to the heat, it would be perfect for under the hood and the firewall.