• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Percent current meter

Waterhouse

I just got my Mep802a running and hooked up. I turned on a bunch of lights and fans and grinders and such. The percent current meter never moved. Is it always on or do you need to havme it configured a certain way?

Dieselmeister

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have the amp meter selector set to the correct position? Is the machine configured for 1 or 3 phase? Try rotating the amp meter switch to try and clean it up; spray some contact cleaner in it if you have any. If it doesn't help, try connecting your load to a different lug, and see if the meter reads. Could be as simple as the switch being in the wrong position. If not, time for the manual / schematics. Does any of the wiring look like it has been moved or messed with previously?

Waterhouse

Of course, I didn't read any instructions. What I did was start the generator and test the L1, L2 and L3 lugs. L1 and L3 had 110 volts to newtral and 240 between them. So that's what I used. I haven't really investigated or moved the rotorie switch.

Ps, I'm using it single phase

Waterhouse

Do you have the amp meter selector set to the correct position? Is the machine configured for 1 or 3 phase? Try rotating the amp meter switch to try and clean it up; spray some contact cleaner in it if you have any. If it doesn't help, try connecting your load to a different lug, and see if the meter reads. Could be as simple as the switch being in the wrong position. If not, time for the manual / schematics. Does any of the wiring look like it has been moved or messed with previously?
So I got looking at the switch and deciphered the hyrogliphics. Switched it to the right spot and started the genny. It works! I turned on a bunch of stuff and got it to 75%. It doesn't seem to be working hard. Still quiet and just a hint of smoke.

The only thing that seemed to start slow is my 3 phase converter. After it got up to speed, the mill started like normal. I wonder how it would work if I used the genny to get 3 phase direct. I also have a 3 phase lathe, but I didn't try that because that starts slow even with the pole power. When something starts slow like that, is it hurting the genny or the equipment?

Anyways, I'm pretty happy. Is there anything I should be testing now?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks