• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Permanent residents buying from GL

F40

I've read the EUC form on GL and it says nothing about not selling to permanent residents, and has a box I can check. Does this mean I'm good to go legally to buy from GL or a private sale?

Thanks, Pat.

3dAngus

Only U.S. licensed exporters can export these EUC items.
Unless you are a big time retailer in a full time position, the paperwork could be quite a burden and not worth the trouble. Even then, all their exports are approved by the State Department for qualified friendlies.
They would get $triple or more what we would get when selling to overseas allies though.

If you read further, you cannot sell to a non-US citizen here, nor a terrorist, and it is your responsibility to verify US citizenship and keep records of who you do sell it to because the govt. can come in at any time and inspect your records for sales to make sure it was a "clean sale".

Last edited:

F40

I'm not trying to export anything. I live in the US as a permanent resident with a green card and am looking to buy an MV from GL or private sale. From a legal aspect it seems like I can buy from GL as a non US Citizen/permanent resident, I'm just trying to get confirmation of that.

3dAngus

It is my understanding you cannot. Call the help desk at GL for additional information.
They may be able to get you connected with the right people in Battle Creek for an evaluation, where your EUC would be approved should you make a purchase. You have to go through a screening for US citizenship, verify you are not a felon or terrorist before the sale is consumated. If you don't go for a pre-approval, you may find you won an auction, they took your money, and held it for long periods of time just to reject your contract to purchase.

F40

"2. I acknowledge having been advised that the MLI/CCLI property I purchased is controlled by the U.S. Government and in
many cases cannot be transferred (exported, sold or given) to a foreign country, a non-U.S. Citizen/National or a
non-Permanent US Resident without a valid State/Commerce Department export authorization. Should I transfer this property
o a foreign country, a non-U.S. Citizen/National or a non-Permanent US Resident, I will obtain any required authorization "

Page 2 of the EUC.

3dAngus

Yep.

Call GL who will help you get with the people in Battle Creek, who have the ability to give you the required authorization if they so deem fit.

This will be a govt. function. Not a GL one to get you authorization. The people they hook you up with in Battle Creek will be govt.

I cannot legally sell you a trailer nor a MV as a non-US citizen. If/when you apply for preapproval at Battle Creek, they will make it a whole lot easier on you if you are applying for a trailer coded for a EUC then a MV, but anything is possible. If you need it for a job, be sure to state so. If you are going to paint it civilian colors, be sure to state so. The main intent is we do not want these machines, looking like military vehicles in style and color, to be used against us. Good luck!

Last edited:

F40

Yep.

Call GL who will help you get with the people in Battle Creek, who have the ability to give you the required authorization if they so deem fit.

This will be a govt. function. Not a GL one to get you authorization. The people they hook you up with in Battle Creek will be govt.

I cannot legally sell you a trailer nor a MV as a non-US citizen. If/when you apply for preapproval at Battle Creek, they will make it a whole lot easier on you if you are applying for a trailer coded for a EUC then a MV, but anything is possible. If you need it for a job, be sure to state so. If you are going to paint it civilian colors, be sure to state so. The main intent is we do not want these machines, looking like military vehicles in style and color, to be used against us. Good luck!
What I quoted makes it sound like I'm GTG. I'll have to call them though.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
what about the NON euc trucks and trailers gl is now selling ?????? does this mean no end use requirement ????????

jaxsof

Non EUC = no EUC

FWIW, I am a Citizen, been one my whole life. Have held a US Diplomatic Passport. DRMS/DoD say I am a citizen. GL wont sell an EUC item to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks