• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Personal Safety--Christmas Parade Shooting/Drive-By

ArmoredCTP

Not sure where to put this, as it's more of a warning to everyone in the future.

I just learned that there was a shooting at the Downtown Waukesha, WI Christmas Parade. Three guys did a drive-by down Main Street, opening up on spectators. At least five kids are hospitalized, and several dead. Everyone that I know of who would have been at that parade (myself included) was not there AFAIK.

This is usually a very safe area, and there would be no reason to be prepared for anything dangerous otherwise.

Just sharing this to warn others. Just keep this in mind, and stay safe. If anyone wants updates, I'll keep you guys posted.

Last edited:

ArmoredCTP

Political? Or just garden variety crime?
Not sure yet. Again, crime like this is extremely unusual around here.

At the risk of making a huge assumption, it almost sounds like a political response over the Rittenhouse verdict in somewhat-nearby Kenosha.

**UPDATE**

It now sounds like three African American males drove a red Ford Escape through crowds of spectators. At least 40 are injured/killed. It's unclear how many/if any were actually shot, as they were driving on the sidewalks down Main Street and potentially ran over several people.

This is now big enough to be international news. You will hear about this from other sources besides me.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
**UPDATE**

Injury count estimate is now down to around 20. It sounds like the car reportedly plowed into a parade unit on foot, which is where most of the casualties are localized. The unit was made up of girls between ages 9 and 15.
Injury count greater than 40. 5 dead. 18 children in the children's hospital with 10 of them in the ICU.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the risk of overstepping limits....

Despite the fact that the events in Waukesha at least superficially seem to be apolitical garden variety crime, we have Democrat officials claiming them as retribution for the Rittenhouse verdict and applauding it.

"Mary Lemanski resigned from her position as social media director of the Democratic Party of DuPage County, Illinois, on Monday morning, according to Anne Sommerkamp, the organization’s executive director" after making social media posts in support of what she thought was politically motivated retaliatory killing of children.

Truly, half our society hates the other half. To the point of lauding the deliberate murder of children. How do we come back from this point, short of one side exterminating the other?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie

Despite the fact that the events in Waukesha at least superficially seem to be apolitical garden variety crime, we have Democrat officials claiming them as retribution for the Rittenhouse verdict and applauding it.

"Mary Lemanski resigned from her position as social media director of the Democratic Party of DuPage County, Illinois, on Monday morning, according to Anne Sommerkamp, the organization’s executive director" after making social media posts in support of what she thought was politically motivated retaliatory killing of children.

Truly, half our society hates the other half. To the point of lauding the deliberate murder of children. How do we come back from this point, short of one side exterminating the other?
Trying times, very trying times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArmoredCTP

Injury count greater than 40. 5 dead. 18 children in the children's hospital with 10 of them in the ICU.
I was referencing what most sources were reporting at the time, which is the figure Waukesha Fire alone had transported. It took awhile for others to realize Milwaukee, Mukwonago, Oconomowoc, etc Fire Departments also responded and transported victims.

To be clear, this is HIGHLY UNUSUAL for this area. Downtown Waukesha has been--at it's worst--dumpy (think rubber stamp strip malls, dingy greasy spoons), and that hasn't been so in 25 years. Even the lower income neighborhoods are incredibly friendly and welcoming. Think of the Downtown area as a modern-day hipster-filled Mayberry. Without question, I would walk through any part of this village or city without a weapon in a heartbeat, even today, as ominous as the streets feel right now.

I understand that the suspect is likely unrelated to any sort of Rittenhouse vengeance plot, but I'm starting to see more and more media outlets try to paint Waukesha as some sort of crime-ridden slum in an effort to counteract the idea that this might be someone angry with the verdict in Kenosha.

I'm just trying to stop that mindset from spreading for anyone wondering what Waukesha is really like.

dmetalmiki

Not sure yet. Again, crime like this is extremely unusual around here.

At the risk of making a huge assumption, it almost sounds like a political response over the Rittenhouse verdict in somewhat-nearby Kenosha.

**UPDATE**

It now sounds like three African American males drove a red Ford Escape through crowds of spectators. At least 40 are injured/killed. It's unclear how many/if any were actually shot, as they were driving on the sidewalks down Main Street and potentially ran over several people.

This is now big enough to be international news. You will hear about this from other sources besides me.
And likely the 'Person' WILL be (Of Course) Be Found not guilty.
The rest of the world just simply looks askance on all these happenings in sheer dissbelief!".

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Some reports are saying the suspect was fleeing from a stabbing in the area and just bonded out of jail friday night .

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Not sure where to put this, as it's more of a warning to everyone in the future.

I just learned that there was a shooting at the Downtown Waukesha, WI Christmas Parade. Three guys did a drive-by down Main Street, opening up on spectators. At least five kids are hospitalized, and several dead. Everyone that I know of who would have been at that parade (myself included) was not there AFAIK.

This is usually a very safe area, and there would be no reason to be prepared for anything dangerous otherwise.

Just sharing this to warn others. Just keep this in mind, and stay safe. If anyone wants updates, I'll keep you guys posted.
Seems that this particular character has attempted to run over his own mother. The same red suv was what he tried to run her down with.

There were 5 killed and 48 injured at the Christmas Parade in Downtown Waukesha.

Carreer Criminal Darryl Brooks was out on a $1000 dollar bond just before this event. That charge was because he punched his girl friend and attempted to run her over. He was fleeing another domestic - and the police didn't make it to there because of the "red suv" that was driving through the parade. AND by the way, the police were not chasing him as he started driving through the parade...

A squad car and barricades were at the start of the parade route and "the red suv" drove through those barricades.

Milwaukee DA has launched an investigation about the "inappropriately low bail amount". By the way, this same DA was the one who ran for office suggesting that low bail should be the normal... Darryl Brooks has a 50 page rap sheet.

July 2020 Felony Charge
Already out on bail and another Felony Charge was made on November 2nd and was violated for bail. Went to court on November 5th and was given $1000 bail. The fifty page rap sheet (since he was 18) shows that he is a batterer, a drug addict, has been charged as a felon while carrying a firearm. He has been charged with strangulation, then another woman or the same woman (and that becomes another felony). BUT there was no felony charged by the prosecutor. There is NO PROSECUTION anywhere in the rap sheet.

Charges at present are 5 counts of intentional homicide and hopefully more to follow.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems that this particular character has attempted to run over his own mother. The same red suv was what he tried to run her down with.

There were 5 killed and 48 injured at the Christmas Parade in Downtown Waukesha.

Carreer Criminal Darryl Brooks was out on a $1000 dollar bond just before this event. That charge was because he punched his girl friend and attempted to run her over. He was fleeing another domestic - and the police didn't make it to there because of the "red suv" that was driving through the parade. AND by the way, the police were not chasing him as he started driving through the parade...

A squad car and barricades were at the start of the parade route and "the red suv" drove through those barricades.

Milwaukee DA has launched an investigation about the "inappropriately low bail amount". By the way, this same DA was the one who ran for office suggesting that low bail should be the normal... Darryl Brooks has a 50 page rap sheet.

July 2020 Felony Charge
Already out on bail and another Felony Charge was made on November 2nd and was violated for bail. Went to court on November 5th and was given $1000 bail. The fifty page rap sheet (since he was 18) shows that he is a batterer, a drug addict, has been charged as a felon while carrying a firearm. He has been charged with strangulation, then another woman or the same woman (and that becomes another felony). BUT there was no felony charged by the prosecutor. There is NO PROSECUTION anywhere in the rap sheet.

Charges at present are 5 counts of intentional homicide and hopefully more to follow.

• In 2011 Brooks was found guilty on a resisting/obstructing an officer charge.
  • In 2010, he was found guilty on strangulation and suffocation felony charges in Wood County.
  • In 1999, he was found guilty on substantial battery-intend bodily harm, a felony.
  • Brooks was also a convicted sex offender, stemming from a case in Nevada about 15 years ago. He got a 15-year-old girl pregnant in Sparks, Nevada when he was 24, authorities said. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to probation. On June 23, 2016, he was arrested in the same town for failing to register as a sex offender. He bailed out on that charge and never appeared in court. He has had an active warrant from Nevada since then. The police department in Sparks, NV told CBS 2 the warrant was specific to Nevada and not other states. However, it’s unclear if authorities from Nevada and Wisconsin had previously communicated about the warrant, and whether authorities in Wisconsin were aware of it. CBS 2 has contacted the Milwaukee County Distract Attorney’s Office and the Milwaukee Police Department with questions.
  • In 2003 he pleaded guilty to a charge of misdemeanor resisting arrest.
  • In 2005 he got brief prison time for obstructing a police officer, also a misdemeanor.

dmetalmiki

I could say so much...But suffice it mention (That) The local council at our end year parades...Asked to have "something" ?Bock? the parade start and end.

Hmmm....(What just about complied?)...

Start...FULL: street width 26 tons of wrecker!!

End... Tank!

The parades passed without event!.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks