• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pertronix..?

rflegal

Hey guys,

Does anybody have a part number for a Pertronix kit for a deuce with the OA331 gasser? I have done the site search, google search, etc and found mention of an 1167, which they have, but that doesn't match to the research I did, which would indicate and 1163. Has anyone ACTUALLY done this install in a military disrtibutor and been successful? It would appear to be quite straight forward once you knew the equivalent industrial engine. All the Pertronix kits are shown as 12v, could you run them on 24v? Any help would be appreciated. If I'm on new ground here, I'll have to look at one for a white or IHC and try to modify. Hope I get it right, these things are $100+ a piece. Thanks - Bob

saddamsnightmare

April 2nd, 2010.

Summit Racing should have it, and they are available in 24VDC (The coil is the primary difference), as I converted a 6 cylinder Mercedes Benz M180 gas engine (inline 6) to the Pertronix system and I have had no reason to complain.

Good luck,

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:p

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I looked all over their website and didn't see any 24V applications.

mhassett

rflegal;
I installed one in my M37, and very pleassed with the results. Starts better, runns better, idles better. Very simple to install. Hightly recommend.
Keeo in ind, not EMP prove so keep a set of points and coil available in case of an emergency.
I also bought one for my 1945 G506, but I am not at that point yet.
MHassett:driver:

davidkroberts

I did one in a M715 posted it under electrical upgrades, got it from M-Series rebuilders and posted a step-by-step. The only thing you need to do different is run the wires ON TOP of the plate that mounts the unit not under. If you search under postings by me youll find it. M-Series rebuilders isnt a parts house but they will sell you one if you call.