• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pete's Mechanical Services - BEWARE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BEWARE OF PETE’S MECHANICAL SERVICES OF TAYLORSVILLE NC

Pete's Mechanical Services in Taylorsville NC. 951 Hwy 16 Nth Taylorsville, North Carolina 28681

(704) 402-8332

Last year, I took a M56 Scorpion CD-150-4 transmission into his shop along with a bunch of other parts to have dustless blasted and gave specific instructions on what needed to be sealed, etc and the rear metal baffle that protects the rear of the transmission (and was nice and bright metal) needed to be covered and protected along with the input shaft. Along with a few other similar items. THe output ports for the driveshafts were bright clean metal and had new seals installed, which will now have to be replaced.

I get the transmission back and it’s full of blasting material, the oil ports have blasting material in them and were only protected by one layer of duct tape which was blasted through in a few small holes, the rear baffle was complete blasted along with the input shaft. There is blasting material in everything and the transmission is ruined as it stands. Going to have to spend several hundred if not thousand to fix it now for his unprofessional work (in my opinion).

I would never recommend Pete's Mechanical Services to anyone and would highly recommend that people stay away from it. I’ve attached some pictures and a video for reference of how much blasting material was blasted inside the unit. I only turned it slightly to see if it would turn at all and the sound of material was loud.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks