• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

phase 2 complete...16:00's and 5.9 cummins

hot rod deuce

nope no lockers....im scared of breaking axles in the front for sure with the big tires and cummins turned up to around 275 if i had a locker. im putting a steer axle i the center so that only leaves the rear solid enough for a locker, or at least thats my thinking, any ideas?

What i realy want to do is scrap all theses little projects and build an M1075 from parts trucks ;-)

nevrenufhp

hot rod deuce said...
The 6BT has all the power i need after i turned it up. I had a set of 370's and some wicked cool stuff but i chickend out and just slid the fuel plate and pinched of the waste gate and got 35 PSI boost. I have a twin turbo set up in the works...mainly because i found that the "ultimate" big turbo in a twin setup is a holset BHT3B and well there was one layin in the yard on an old 855 that was in a scrapped 40 ton six wheel dump truck. but it will run right to the governer, only 2300 for now, and hold there empty and not think twice. For the weight of the motor i think its the only way to go. i have less weight on my front now with power steering than i did before without and the multi fuel. Less weight means less parts and i like that.

If you aren't running 370's or EDM's in a 12 valve, you're missing out! Same goes with a gov. spring kit. I thought I had good power, until I got 370's, 4k gov., ground fuel plate, and 16cm exhaust housing. It's in a Dodge, but it makes a 6700 pound truck move like a Mustang GT. The bad part is I killed the turbo's bearings last week from holding too much boost(40 lbs) racing a co worker's V6 Honda. At least I beat him! Now I have to shop for an HX40.

hot rod deuce

yeah the 40 pounds on the HX 35 kinda scares me, i was going to go hx 40 because i have one but it has the bigger exhaust flange. Then i found a BHT3B on a 400 HP 855 cummins that seems to be the turbo of choise on a twin set up. The plan was to run the 370's with a peirs HX35 and my BHT3b and be in for about 700 bucks for the turbos plus 400 for injectors. You realy run that thing 4000?!. I thought 3 was insane. My motor is a medium duty motor and has a lower compresion ratio for a longer service life so it makes me wonder what else is differnt.

nevrenufhp

You got it, the famed HT3B and BHT3B. Mine has only been to 4200 a few times, I really shift at 35-3800. Most drag racers acually shift around 3k. 3k feels like it should come that way from the factory, it makes them SO much more driveable! If the compr. is lower, the 370's may burn even dirtier than mine at low boost levels. Smells like it's burning kerosene. The gov spring kit for 3k is like $120.

spicergear

Talk to Randy Ouverson about his double splined alloy axlehshafts for the rear. They're pretty burly...he's a mud runner too so he'd get a kick out of that slop you dug into.

--I laughed so hard to see that CAT pulling you out and the "THANK YOU" sign right there I think I dislocated a rib!

hot rod deuce

wow 4200 sounds crazy to a guy thats used to diesels at 2100....sure would help makin the big splits of the 5 speed or at least until i get the 613 slaped in and that wont be until after i get this crew cab thing finished up.

Double splined axles sounds neat. just imagine the posabilities of lock outs on each wheel and two steer axles.

spicergear

You just wanna break $h!t don't ya? I've to the Ouverson corse splined jobbies and his drive flanges. Burly stuff and it's not even the BIG shafts he makes!

hot rod deuce

lol i do know my limits...i try to break when i think i might maybe not

Actualy ive used it fairly hard and havent broke anything, i had the 543 5 ton hooked up with my tow bar and it spun a 16.00 on cement. Low range steady presure

Wyattearp

Well darn it all, the link wouldn't work so i could see the Cummins powered deuce... anyone have a link that works.. I did see the 2 new additions to the family though, very nice... The idea with the Cummins i like because when the dodge finally gets completely shot I will have a extra power plant for the deuce or some other crazy idea... [^]

nevrenufhp

Cummins swaps have gotten pretty wide spread in the las few years. I saw a picture(a couple days ago) of a 12 valve Cummins from a Dodge swapped into an S-10, of all things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks