• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PHD's M815 wanna-be project

powerhouseduece

Ok, so I decided to put the big cam swap off till I find some parts and after the Rausch creek rally. I have decided to dig out some old junk parts I got laying around the shop and throw them on my truck :jumpin: I needed to have the truck done before the RC trip, but The winch will not be working till i get back and figure out the hydro system I want to run.

I started out with my m818, added a pipeline rack (was bent to ****) and a 5 ton front winch. I foun the pipeline rack a year or so ago in a slavage yard. Sadly the truck did not make it. :-( I called up NO.2diesel and got some of the mesurements of what the rack was suppouse to be and went by that. After a lot od help from Dave, my brother, landlord and even my old lady, its on and bolted down. Now for the pic time :)

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good, PHD! Is this the one that you are going to be putting the spare tire plate on it that you got from me earlier this year?

Love the salvaged headache rack....

powerhouseduece

looks good, the winch looks too low to clear the 5th wheel plate though, what is your intended use?
If AMG ever sells me a m172, all I would need to do is put a fairlead on the hitch of the trailer. Im actually planing on running the cable under the 5th wheel. If I sell my m127 and I dont have any other semi trailers, im going to bob it and use a m103 bed on it. As of right now I can use a towbar on the rear shackles and have a mini A-frame hoist :jumpin:

powerhouseduece

Looks good, PHD! Is this the one that you are going to be putting the spare tire plate on it that you got from me earlier this year?

Love the salvaged headache rack....

i still got my welding helmet on my head while typing this. I found a hub to weld onto it and am doing it now. Ill put up pics when im done in a little bit.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Worst case scenario, you have a pile of 3/8" thick steel to use for other projects. If you do decide to make something with it, love to see the result.

powerhouseduece

It's bolted down for now. I still got some inner plates and supports to put on. I still have my double ended pto to put on, hydro pump and motor. I guess when I get to do the first pull with it ill get a feel for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks