• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photo's For Fun

Loose Deuce

Had to paint the hood from where the old paint was bleached out and just doing a general touch up. I have a good shop but the dang truck is a tad too big to fit in.

rdixiemiller

Mine is getting ready for a repaint as well. I am torn between the old semi gloss OD and the new USMC camo CARC. Since I can get the CARC for free, it may win out. Less prep work as well.

Dannell-
Good looking ride!

Yours too Jimbo!

Loose Deuce

rdixiemiller

It was a tough decision for me to choose, I almost went with the semi gloss OD also. I have to stop for now because I want to get the back of the bed sand blasted real good, I'm looseing the rust battle back there. I havent been able to get those spots killed, just keeps coming back under the new paint. God I hate RUST [complaining] and I ran out of paint.

bozozimbo

I used a high quality brand of acrylic enamel. The color is gloss Honda Desert Sand. I had the paint shop add a quart of degloss to each gallon so I wound up with two and a half gallons. It all went on the truck. I am very happy with the outcome.....it mirrors USGI desert sand paint but better quality.

rdixiemiller

I am not partial to the sand color, here in Ga. the greens are a better match for the terrain. I have some work to do at MCLB Albany, and I can get outdated 383 green CARC and catalyst from them. I am probably going to do that route, although taking the truck all the way down to the metal and coming back with semi gloss OD would be nice too. Sigh.....too much time involved in that project. I am lucky to get 2 hrs a week to play with my toys anymore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks