• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photoshop help with my next project M916 with MRAP style body

Jeep Nasty

So I have started to gather parts for my next build and was hoping for a little photoshop help.

I am taking my m916 and building a HET style roofline for the cab and an MRAP style body for the rear.

I will build the cab roof similar to the member here who did the "5-Ton HET" cab The back of the cab will widen at the rear to meet the width of the 1082 trailer body I'm going to mount to the rear that will be the base for the MRAP body. The cab and body will not be armored. The primary function of this truck will be camping and ice cream trips with my little league team and cub scout den. I've attached the pictures to give a basic idea of where I'm going but you can see that my MS paint skills are lacking. I'm looking for someone to work a little photoshop magic to make something a little more realistic. The rear windows will be much larger as a figure out what I can use for them. The rear of the truck will be a tail gate ramp with stairs mounted to the inside. I'm also trying to figure out a way to mount the 45k which at the rear of the frame and remotely store the hydraulic tank and controls and a way to mount the spare.
Thank for any help and input. I will start a build thread as soon as I start any real work. Once again I will be doing a major build in my driveway with limited shop tools.

m916 frankenstein.jpgm916 side.jpghet cab.jpgm1.jpgm back edited.jpg

Attachments

Are you planning on the gun mount on the top? There should be room below passenger box for the winch. How long are you thinking? Keeping frame as is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeep Nasty

No gun turret, maybe a hatch so the kids can wave a people during parades. Frame will stay stock length
Based on measurements winch can fit but I will need to cut out and weld in an 8" dog house to cover it. It's 22" tall from where it mounts to the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep Nasty

Without any technical drawing skills this is the best I could come up with and is close to scale with my measurements and graph paper.
Draw 1.jpgDraw 2.jpgDraw 3.jpgDraw 4.jpgDraw 5.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks