• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pic Request...16.00R20 on stock deuce wheels?

ccf460

I have a chance to buy some 16.00R20 tires for my bobbed /air ride deuce. I realize these should be on wider wheels,
but I haven't found any yet ( I am looking at having the stock wheels widened,but would love to be able to mount them
and drive my truck while this is happening). Has anyone put these on stock M35A2 wheels? How did they perform?
Any issues? Any lift? Please post pics. Thanks.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think I've ever seen them mounted on stock wheels. It'd be mighty difficult to even mount them. Also there's no way you'll fit them under a bobbed deuce without a lift. 395's scrub on stock wheels on a stock deuce.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That is far too much tire for that rim for several reasons. Inflated to proper air pressure (assuming you can get them on the rim) only the center of the tire will contact the pavement when running at speed. Not a good idea.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a chance to buy some 16.00R20 tires for my bobbed /air ride deuce. I realize these should be on wider wheels,
but I haven't found any yet ( I am looking at having the stock wheels widened,but would love to be able to mount them
and drive my truck while this is happening). Has anyone put these on stock M35A2 wheels? How did they perform?
Any issues? Any lift? Please post pics. Thanks.

I would love to save lives by telling you to not try and run 1600s on a stock Deuce rim too. Might be your life or it might be any of a number of other lives WHEN the tire/rim combination fails.

Last edited:

Vintage iron

You are asking a lot of those stock rims. 1600's are big and heavy! The 18 ply side walls are not going to make it easy on you mounting the tires and you could seriously injure yourself trying! I have some MRAP rims that are perfect for mounting 1600's on a Duece. Pm me and I will make you a deal on some. It just may save your life.