• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pick up 923 at Wright Patterson AFB OH & Store & possible repairs

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can have it towed out to my place. I can give it a once over and tell you what to expect. I know Andrew at GL and the local towing company has been out here before.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the scoop on that truck? At first I thought it was an up-armored truck that was escaping through GL, but no, it is soft. Looks like it has ROPS? But what is the deal with the dash and the electronic Allison?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It has a roll cage and top hatch. I was looking at it I liked the seats, cage and side battery box. If it was me i would take the good stuff off and put it all on a nicer truck. I bet you could shorten the roll cage to fit a soft top truck. After you strip it you could probably get your money back in scrap metal for the leftovers. It was just too far for me to deal with in non running condition. There is another one in Cali coming up it has the normal shifter and looks rebuilt. I bet as inventory runs down there will be lots of oddball stuff coming across the auction block.

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were two other trucks for sale at the same time one looked to be just a M923 with the push button trans as the modification. The other M923 has X doors like a hummer and if you look close an armored windsheild (In my opinion). Also in the back ground of this truck is a M923A2 Armored truck in tan ( I have seen these refered to as "Training MRAPS". They took an effort not to get it in the pictures very well. We shall see what I actually get.
I am more into the odd rare items as I am an MV collector / preservationist before a user. So the truck will stay together. I will be in touch "Captain Chaos" I wonder how many know who he is? Heck I was 11 when that came out.
http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6269289
http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6269453
Also the truck on the west coast has a stand in between the seats, to man the ring mount.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If the west coast truck was on the east coast or at least halfway closer I would definitely be a bidder. It is a little ugly though if you thought the regular 5ton was non aerodynamic this thing takes the cake.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Steve, make sure it gets to your place before next Sunday, so we can drool on it after we put Topher's bed on!