• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pick up on hold

two.fiveM35

Just got a call from the trucking company to say he had a truck to pick up my deuce from Redstone. I was thrilled... Then he called back to tell me it was on hold because the truck needed to be checked for radiation.:( GL said it would take 2-4 more weeks. Whats up with that, couldn't to many details from GL. Am I stuck with the truck if it glows in the dark? Anybody else have this happen? What can I expect?

Seth_O

There have been several posts about this in the GL section. General consensus is that the gov will do a sweep of the dials and if they radiate, the offending dials will be removed and the truck is cleared for sale in it's new radiation-free state. If no radiation then you're just out the time to wait for the verification.

two.fiveM35

If they find that there is an issue with the guages, is it true that they will pull thewhole guage cluster out? I'm assuming they will not replace them, so will the make a price adjustment or give the buyer an option to back out? Since that is not the condition it was bid on.

dittle

You are basically stuck with what you get. I would not expect GL to let you back out because they're being told to pull the gauges by the govt.

wsucougarx

If they find that there is an issue with the guages, is it true that they will pull thewhole guage cluster out? I'm assuming they will not replace them, so will the make a price adjustment or give the buyer an option to back out? Since that is not the condition it was bid on.
Pull the entire gauge panel or pull just the suspect gauge...it is all upto the person holding the meter. Are they lazy? Then they'll probably pull the entire gauge cluster. Are they conscientious about GL customer? Then they'll just pull what they need. If they do pull the entire gauge cluster then be prepared to plug the air line supplying the air pressure gauge!!

flyxpl

I have two dueces at Redstone . I called this morning . I was told they are on hold . I asked about them being checked for radiation , she said that was the hold up last time and that the guys seemed to be working faster this time . Two to four weeks I was told . She said " I will give you a call when they are cleared ". They had given my trans. co. an apointment to pick up the trucks next tues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks