• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked this up today

combat32

Can't remember the nomenclature on these, I know this came off of a 577, I have used these back when I was in the Army.Is there any way to convert the slave receptacle to a couple of regular plug in receptacles? Don't think I will be powering any 577's any time soon but this might come in handy next time the power goes out.

Attachments

combat32

Just did a little web search, it is a D.C. 4.2-ORD/28, 4kw

I used to use these a lot, but all we used them for was to power the 577 and all onboard radios while the engine was shut down.Just wondering if a guy could sort of convert this for home use in case of a power outage just to run a couple of things.Anyone here done something like this or am I wasting my time with this genset.

Last edited:

JB

We have one of those as well. I think they can be used for jumping vehicles but I was told there is some thing about the cycles that would prevent use for running standard lights and other accessories.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
DC is direct current, you want AC-alternating current for the house. That is 24/28vdc. For a house you would want 120/240vac.

emr

Yup , Gimpy is correct, they are used as a jump pack and like said to power up a vehicle with 24 volt system and no engine running, not AC current, a no go on that...Sooo I would be happy to help u out with that if u want to get rid of her...

123mack

I have a few of these, and the advise given is correct, they are 24v@ about 4200 watts. The only way to get wattage approaching the capacity of the unit at 110v ac would be a large dynamotor or solid state convertor. EMR, I have afew of these for sale, but your in NJ and I'm in Alabama.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks