• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up a 923A2 yesterday

PaFarmer

I got it with Shenkman yesterday at Ft Indiantown Gap. It had really dead batteries, like 3 volts each and the alternator would not charge. We had to wire the fuel solenoid open.

It ran good on the way home. It seems to have the same power as my 931A1.

I need to sort out the alternator issue. I put in new batteries and it started and ran good, but it is not charging.

i saw a post about a new delco alternator that can be swapped in. That sounds like a good option. I am interested in any other options to swap in. I can have this alternator rebuilt at a local shop, but it saw some posts where guys were not happy with the reliability of the stock alternator.

Last edited:

PaFarmer

I want to use a thread in block heater, it looks like all of the C series motors use the same block heater, 6CTA, ISC or QSC.

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys must have had fun! Are you bringing it to rousch creek? As for the alternator, i have been happy with mine so far. I have 25,000 miles on mine (early style) and no problems. Check to make sure you have power going to the excitor wire at the alternator before you rip it apart. Wish i was there to help work on it!

PaFarmer

Good to hear from you Tom. Hope the new job is going well, quite a move. I took the 931 to RC in October and had a good time. Planning on taking the mog in the spring.

I need to wait to register this one until next January as a 1990.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks