• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up a Warehouse trailer.

Roboskid

Purchased from Surplus dealer. Tires are in great shape still has the little fingers on them from the forms.

Going to use around the farm for all sorts of things. It will be painted CARC green. I need help with the dimensions for the wood used on the bed.

Mine only has a partial piece left. Want to use wood as a all metal bed in the Texas summer equates to unpleasantness when handled.

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that I have a farm going, I have been looking for 2-3 of those carts. Figures I could have had 6 a few years ago for minimum bid, now I can't seem to find any reasonable closeby.

Nice trailer!

Roboskid

Yep I know what you mean. I was bidding on one two weeks ago. I stopped at 80 bucks. It was in rough shape a lot more rust. It ended at 375.00 add 10% buyers premium plus sales tax and fuel to go get it.Some people have more money than sense. :confused:

I got this one for 200 OTD. Gonna add stake pockets and make stake sides for it. Some came from GL with stake pockets. 6000# payload is nice. At least that what specs say when I looked it up. They way these are built I believe it. I looking for a second one.:D

Last edited:

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Often wood decks are screwed down with "trailer deck screws". They are self tapping, drill pilot hole and put them in with a power screwdriver or drill. It goes pretty fast.

For side boards, I found the easiest stakes are 1" pipe, with 1/1/4" pipe sockets. They are the least expensive, and easiest to find. Black pipe is common, and paints up well. Those two pipe sizes nest nicely.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those warehouse trailers are very useful if you have a farm or a lot of property. Put sides on it and haul firewood all day long behind your jeep or tractor. Great save!

Roboskid

@Rosco... The two metal strips that hold down the wooden decking were still attached along with all 18 rusted carriage bolts. I decided I am going to use 2X8s for the decking and of course use new carriage bolts. If I measured correctly and my math is right, I will need 15 2x8s cut to 45 1/2 inches long. The deck area is 108"X45 3/4". That equates to 5 2x8x12. I'll post picks of the progress. I noticed that the back right wheel will lock up if it sits for awhile. It will turn if I roll it by hand. Gonna pull all the wheels and check the bearings and replace as needed. Pulls great empty with my Gator.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the data tag on the trailer. It has pretty generic terms, but the NSN can be a useful search item.

Roboskid's trailer now lives on my farm, where it continues to provide sterling service. :D

Cheers

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know the part number for the axle seal on the warehouse trailers?
Seals have numbers usually on the rubber lip or the flat face. Even if numbers are gone a real parts person at a real store can look up by size or definitely a bearing jobber can id with a caliper

zusmc

Surprisgliny I couldn't find any parts numbers, but I did find very small writing saying " Singapore " . Nothing else! I tried Auto Zone and got a bearing , but no seal. The trailers are great, I picked up two.