• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up an extended 101 styled trailer? looking for info

Hello, I recently picked up this trailer it has the 8 lug axle with surge brake. had mounted a 15kw generator on the tongue and a large ac unit in the back. looking to see if there was any more information about this out there. I tried the search option with no luck. Manufacture is DHS Systems and that is all I can find. No model number or nomenclature. This would make for an interesting camper build if I had the time.
NCM_0558.jpgNCM_0557.jpgNCM_0567.jpgNCM_0566.jpgNCM_0568.jpgNCM_0569.jpg

It was horrible to tow as it was ridiculously tongue heavy anything over 45 and it was swaying all over.. I'd reckon in its original configuration with it would not be too bad but until I take off that generator it is staying parked. Gvw is around 5400 lbs.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It is the very early/proto version of one of thesedrashtrailer.jpg and probably not many of your around.

ecupirate

With DHS as the manufacturer I can only assume this is a early or prototype model trailer to carry a tent system. You will commonly hear them referred to as DRASH tents. They have evolved into various configurations, in my experience we used them as command post/tactical operations centers at the battalion level and up. The trailer carries the tent as well as the generator and ECU. In a BCT (Brigade Combat Team) there is a large main tent which is pulled with a FMTV and then each section S1, S2, S4...etc has their own little tent that they pull with a hummer. The tents then all interconnect to each other or they can stand alone. You have an interesting trailer there I personally have never seen one as the current DRASH system has been around for quite some time now. I attached a picture of what they have evolved into.

http://www.drash.com/Default.aspx

hp2c18.gif

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Concur with the others. I've heard the term GET trailers on more than a few occasions. Generator, Environmental Control Unit Trailers. Saying trailers is redundant but that's how they phrase it GET Trailers.

We use to call them DRASH trailers but the BASE-X guys didn't like that too much since they had their own version and were in competition.

Thank you everyone for your information! I had went on to the drash website looking for info on this unit however there is no model number on my id tag and none of the reference data is in anyway similar to what they have, this backs up the early/prototype hypothesis. I can not find a date either. Working on getting a title for it, curious what the value of this trailer would be? And is there a reason it was painted solid carc black?