• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up my 51 M38 yesterday!

Vetteguy66

Been wanting a M38 for a long time! An elderly gentleman had it in his garage for several years. It looks to be a pretty solid and sound jeep and I am excited to get it on the road! :-D

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site! Let's see some pics of it!

nopics

I love our M38A1-Jeeps are a good thing.

Are you coming to the Ga. Rally in October?

Vetteguy66

Thanks for the welcome. I sure hope to make it to the georgia show as I need to shop the swap meet. I have not taken any pictures of the M38 yet because I have been taking off some of the modern items that were on the Jeep.

Marines42

Hey,
I live just around the corner from you in Canton. I just picked up an M38 that needs a lot of work myself! I am in Iraq but come home every 3 months. Maybe we can collaborate. I have several pieces of armor but am new to the M38 and have no idea what I am missing in some places.:-D

Vetteguy66

I would be glad to discuss your M38 with you. I live less than 5 minutes off of Hwy. 20 and I-75. Please give me a call when you are back home and maybe we can meet and I can show you my Jeeps. I am going to have to give my latest Jeep a little TLC as it needs some minor body and front end work. My name is Dana and my cell number is 770-312-0424.

Vetteguy66

Photos of my M38 that I recently purchased

Here are some photos of the M38 Jeep that I purchased recently from the elderly gentleman who kept it in his garage. Its going to take some fine tuning, some front end work and more military body parts before I will really enjoy it.

Attachments

shellback1972

Nice looking Jeep . What a find. It's hard to believe whats out there till you look. I find my self looking everywhere for jeeps and parts. Good luck from up north. My wife says if I can't keep my eyes on the road, we'll be in the ditch.