• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up my Deuce today

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it insured today. $237 for liability. I used state farm. I was going to use gulfway, but their answers to my questions about driving it made me question if I would be insured.

Now I've got a flat to deal with before I get to drive it tomorrow. aua
That for 6 months or a year?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I replaced a few of the grease fittings today but ran out of grease after the 26th point! I still have to grease the very front u-joint on the front driveshaft, the intermediate shaft, and the front joint of the middle shaft. FREAK there's a lot of grease points on this thing! aua

I checked and filled the tires yesterday. I'll check them again tomorrow afternoon. I also picked up a battery disconnect I'll use as an anti-theft device. Topped off the master cyl with DOT 5 fluid yesterday too. That stuff is 'spensive! I bout pooped myself when I took 1 qt of it to the counter at napa and was told $28 please. :cookoo:

The batteries are new in it, but I'm probably going to pick up two cheap trickle chargers to keep them up over the winter. Or should I get a 24V 1amp transformer and just hook it up that way?

I also dumped a bottle of power service diesel kleen in the tank for giggles. I've got a pyro I'm going to install post turbo (it's a pipe clamp deal that I've had laying around that doesn't use voltage to run). I've also got a boost gauge laying around here I'll throw on for giggles as well. Then I might turn the pump up 2 or 3 "flats".

Now I just need to find a set of wheels...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks