• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up my first MEP803a yesterday

joshua1001

I feel I got pretty lucky, I won a mep803a on GL for just over 1100. While this is my first unit I do have a maintenance background and noticed it had writing on the filters which I always take as a sign of good PM work. I live in the Greenville area and it was in Atlanta so it wasnt to far away. These units were supposed to be drained of all fluids but upon inspection I noticed it had good looking coolant, fresh oil and was full of fuel. Its a 2005 model with around 1200 hours. Everything looked good so after two new batteries and the fuel throttle increassed a little i decided to give it a try. On the third 8 second cranking cycle it started to puff a little smoke and fired off. The smoke cleared within 15 to 20 seconds and it purred great. Got it set on 220volts and set the freq at 60 and let it run for about 30 minutes. good oil presure and temp stays at 180. Im pretty busy so maybe next week I can hook it up to the house and give it a good load test. It will make a great backup for the house though Im thinking if I buy more Ill get a pair so I can have a parts unit if needed.

Guyfang

Staff member
Folks, sometimes the hour meter get changed when the sets are sent to Tier 2, and sometimes not! So don't always go by the hour meter. Look at what you are getting. If they say its runnable, and its complete. Chances are good you got a keeper. If not, you may have to do some work, but that's not always a bad thing.