• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up my m1038 today from Fayetteville...painless

Stevepsc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
EUC Cleared wednesday. Went today, checked the oil, transmission fluid and antifreeze. They jumped it with slave cable, I drove it on trailer. Chained and strapped(just for good measure). FYI you are supposed to have 4 points of contact on the interstate, so we addded the straps just to make sure we were covered. I was so pleased the truck fired right up. 150 mile trailer pull. Got it to my friends/hummer mechanic, installed the batteries, fired right back up and off we went. Checked the levels again, fired her up and went on a 20 mile ride on the back roads. Mine has the 3 speed so it is only good for 60mph MAX! back to shop, checked fluids, made a list of filters and fluids that we are going to change Sunday and I drove it home about 15 miles. Parked in driveway. Not a bad day!!

Attachments

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, congrats on your new M1038. Doesn't look like you have a lot of work to do to have a really nice truck. :grin:

Stevepsc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
fluids fyi

We checked it all. Tomorrow, we change it all.

QUOTE=Action;1920871]It is a good thing your diffs, transfer case, and hubs had fluid in them.[/QUOTE]

Gear Report

Very cool!
So yours was in the lot behind the mini-storage?
Pretty sure I looked at it a few weeks ago when I was there picking up trailers. Pretty cool brush guard.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool!
So yours was in the lot behind the mini-storage?
Pretty sure I looked at it a few weeks ago when I was there picking up trailers. Pretty cool brush guard.
Yeah, that brush guard is neat. I've never seen one like that before. Can you tell if it is a "one off" home made job? Maybe someone here knows of others like this and has a background on them.

Stevepsc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a one off brush guard, just not common. I have seen several early models with this bar. I am going to replace it with one of the heavier type with the grill material in it. I got the replacement guard from demil hummer in Wilmington.

And yes it was behind the mini store it at Triple A Towing on Dunn Road in fayeteville.