• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up my M818 on Thursday, first MV

CW3Topher

After many days of waiting for my EUC to clear, I finally got to pick um my M818 from Wright Patt last Thursday. Along with the truck, 2 105 trailers. I have had a blast driving this weekend. Andrew from GL at WPAFB is great to work with.

019.jpg

017.jpg

Attachments

CW3Topher

Thanks all. The truck is a depot rebuild from 2002, it only has 1700 miles on it now. A couple of issues since it has been sitting for a while, loose airline, bad batteries, and the parking brake nut came off that holds the cable at the end. I have pulled off the 5th wheel and ramps as I am going to put a bed on the back. I am going to use the 105 bed. I'm not sure if I am going to bob it, or cut the wheel wells out of the trailer and fill them in. Anyone have a use for a practically new Holland 5th wheel?

Augiedoggy, I didn't get a chance to look over your truck there, it was very busy picking up on a Thursday. Andrew says that's his busiest day, keep that in mind when it is time to get yours.

Mattg, yes, it has the rifle mounts in it. Score!

Chris

scootertrs

Nice Grab! Keep us posted on your Tailer on bed mod. I too have an 818 and have even considered the bed to sit on top of the 5th wheel... would need scaffolding to get anything in and out of bed... but no notching needed -:) ... then looked at members with trailer beds that were not modified for wheel wells... and... no tire clearance ... thus needed bobbing... been wanting to see a modded bed and keeping the 3rd axle. kind of special... I think... I know I would appreciate progress pics of the bed mod, I am sure other members will too. Enjoy... I know I love my deuce, but I find myself driving this guy a lot more... (power steering may have something to do with that) enjoy