• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up my M916 today.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Finally got my M916 home today.After checking all the fluids and drilling the ignition switch,a old square style john deere key fits in.I hooked up the slave cables and she fired up.I did have to screw in the screw on the IP for it to start.I bought the truck as towed to lot,So I was glad she turned out to be a runner.That 16 speed trans is tricky and will take a while to get used to.I have owned and driven big trucks all my life but this trans is totally different.I think I am going to make a dump truck out of it.Here is a pic of it parked next to my M817 on 53" ers.The M916 is taller.

Attachments

ca1517

The tranny is a little quirky until you get used to it. Keep at it, it took me about 750 miles to get to where I did not hate mine.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I also lucked out and it had some tools in it,It had 2 hand held spot lights that plug in out side of the cab,first aid kit,lug wrench,air hose, and reflectors.Now I am going to paint her.

LanceRobson

If you don't have them, you'll want a pair of the draw bolts (whatever the real name is?) to pull the spring brakes off in the event that you have to tow it without the ability to slave the M916 brakes off the towing truck. It takes a lot of effort to pull the springs off so you may want to leave a long handled wrench in the truck (don't ask)

The Airtex brand 1S6152 is the correct ignition switch. It has the fifth contact for the fuel shut off.

Lance

cornrichard

The bolts to cage the brakes are located on the band that clamps the air chamber together. They are rarely missing. A 3/4" wrench on the middle axle will get you moving.