• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up my M923A2 today... a few issues but nothing major

zguinness

We went and picked up 2 M923A2s today (I got one and my f-i-l got one). My dad drove my f-i-l's because he's been feeling ill lately and I drove mine. My f-i-l followed us in his pickup.

140 miles and the only major issue was the pain in my rear end. If you've never had the luxury of driving on Louisiana highways you don't know what you're missing out on!

I did make note of a few minor problems:

- CTIS lights flashing
- passenger side wiper blade not working (it rained a bit on the way back)
- I need to replace the window seals (thanks rain)

I did end up with 8 brand new U.S. locks in the boxes, a new jack, a chain, a wheel chock, and a full tool kit.

I took my kid for a ride around the yard... I think he's hooked.

IMG_20130903_182458_066.jpgIMG_20130903_182523_446.jpgIMG_20130903_182633_944.jpgIMG_20130903_182705_282.jpgIMG_20130903_125444_311.jpg

Last edited:

bigboy44

Good score, My buddy passed you on the interstate and he though you were me knowing I won a truck but when he passed you he said you had a thicker beard! Do you have a beard or was it someone else. Enjoy your rig, I looked at that one. My tool box was empty!

zguinness

Hahahaha definitely me. I haven't shaved in a few months. I've got a mountain man look going on right now.

My dad was driving one without a cargo cover right in front of me.

bigboy44

I looked for that tie down this morning but the section of bed I cut out of a deuce bed did not have them, the only tie downs were in the tail gate on that bed. Wish I could have helped. I wish my dad could still help me but he does tag along every chance he can! Good Luck.

61sleepercab

Good luck with the life sized Tonka Toys!! Watch where you park them as women can't see big trucks and have been known to back into something that was not there before.
(wife swapped chevy lumina paint on B model Mack front bumper) Car shows and hay rides makes friends fast with kids old and young alike. Mark

zguinness

It should be well out of the wife's way. You can see it's parked on a limestone drive going back to a cell tower at the far end of the property.

zguinness

A few things that you guys might be able to help me with:

I noticed the large section of hood insulation is missing. Any ideas where I could find this? NSN 5640013182812

IMG_20130905_090121_274.jpg

Also, the hand throttle is disconnected. I haven't had time to pull it apart yet but if anyone has any advice about hooking this back up I'd appreciate it.

IMG_20130904_174636_036.jpgIMG_20130904_174652_839.jpg

Last edited:

bigboy44

Is the shaft with the notches square or oval opposite the notches? I have a oval one but I need a square one. I don't think you can put a cable on the end I think you need to buy the whole assembly, I know Jeff Davis would have one also. He is Csm Davis. And a super good guy, he will treat you right!! I will look for the one I have tomorrow. 985-966-1216 Warren

zguinness

I'm pretty sure it's oval but I'll check it tomorrow. If you have an oval one that you can't use I would be interested in buying it from you.

mcmullag

Are you aware there is a separate control for the passenger side wiper motor? There is a dial to turn on each side of the steering column for the wipers. I picked one of these up 7.9.13. Mine has flashing lites on the CTIS too. I am going to take my time figuring out/fixing it.

zguinness

Are you aware there is a separate control for the passenger side wiper motor? There is a dial to turn on each side of the steering column for the wipers. I picked one of these up 7.9.13. Mine has flashing lites on the CTIS too. I am going to take my time figuring out/fixing it.
Yeah I tried both switches... no worky.

If you get that CTIS troubleshooting down, let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks