• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

picked up my S250 shelter today!

I picked up my S250 shelter today at Fort Riley. First time at GL there, man it was great. Took about 10 minutes total from when I walked in to when they had it loaded on my truck. I strapped it down and then went and looked at what else they had.
GL people were awesome, helpful and polite. Very good time.

I go to Jefferson City, Missouri to pick up my Deuce and trailer probably Monday.
Man I am excited! I hope I have no problems driving it back!!!!!!

Thanks to all the people who took the time to offer me help or advice (they will load it for you) when I posted looking for help. My wife is active duty Army and her unit is gone to Fort Campbell right now. We have a 4 month old girl and I was afraid getting the shelter loaded could be a hassle. But it went slick....

I hope the deuce recovery goes as smooth!!

thanks again everyone!

Elwenil

You can post them yourself. Use the "Manage Attachments" button below to upload them. SteelSoldiers hosts our pics here on site.

OK, let's see if this works!

Here (hopefully) are some pics of how I lugged it home on my F150.
It's pretty clean. It has a storage rack on the front that is a bit too low
and doesn't clear the roof of the Ford. If I decide to use it with this truck
I'll raise it enough to clear. Is wired for lights and has black out lights.

I plan to make a mini camper out of it with a small gas stove, some cabinets,
a bed that folds out of the way when not in use (or maybe use hammocks) and
the like. I originally planned to put it on a M105A2 trailer for use with my M35A2 (I pick both up Monday!! Woo HOO) but it would fit my truck great.

Plus, a pic of my partner who supervised the whole process!

Attachments

Elwenil

Pretty solid looking S250! I like the added armor lights and the cool stencil on the side. Is the stencil on both sides and are you going to keep it?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love the light mounting plate, Guess I'll head to D'mans and make some up for myself

KsM715

Glad to see you got it home ok. Mine has the same lights in it, Im thinking taking one out and rigging up a way to mount it in my M715 for a dome light.

jim-m35a2

Was the baby included with the shelter or was the baby a pickup from an another GL auction site? I hope GL did not load the baby in your truck with a forklift.
________
FORD MONDEO

Last edited:

KsM715

Does anyone here know where to get the rivnuts and installation tool? I want to move the shelf on the front outside of my shelter up about 3 in to clear the cab on my truck. I dont want to just re-drill holes and thru bolt it. want it to look "original".

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Dave, got mine out there Wed, used a M101 frame to get it home. Does anyone know who the cat logo goes to?? My shelter was uses for a MRLS contact team, so maybe some arty unit? David C

Attachments

I plan on moving my rack too. It's placement is, how do you say....inconvenient....

I'm not sure about the unit, but I plan on keeping the stencil, adds character.

I'd be interested in seeing what everyone who nabbed one does with their shelter and the mods they make.

and if anyone has a line on a S-280 I'd love to get my hands on one of those.......

only two days til I pick up my Deuce....man, can't wait.....

Elwenil

Does anyone here know where to get the rivnuts and installation tool? I want to move the shelf on the front outside of my shelter up about 3 in to clear the cab on my truck. I dont want to just re-drill holes and thru bolt it. want it to look "original".

http://www.rapidrivet.com/

I think they carry the tool also. Snap-On and Mac used to carry them and I think Fastenal should be able to get the threaded inserts also. If you are just going to put a few in, you can use a bolt, nut and washer to install them.