• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

picked up wreckermans M52 friday..

redass73

made a trip to Stout field on friday to pick up wreckermans nice M52 ... look forward to meeting him in person when he picks it up ..told him I would post a few pics.. If anybody else ever needs something picked up there I'm sure we copuld work out a similar deal..
rick

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool! Good save. It amazed me that the military kept a 1950's vintage M52 for so long, but hey they like stockpiling things. Paint it 24087 Semi-Gloss, put a yellow nose on the front of that hood, and it'll look like a Vietnam era gun truck tractor!

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

maddawg308 said:
Cool! Good save. It amazed me that the military kept a 1950's vintage M52 for so long, but hey they like stockpiling things. Paint it 24087 Semi-Gloss, put a yellow nose on the front of that hood, and it'll look like a Vietnam era gun truck tractor!
Dam that last pics, thats a "HOT LOOKING" tractor..............i wonder whos it is??? :shock:

wreckerman, great Tractor?? Are you going to paint it???

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
vtdeucedriver said:
Dam that last pics, thats a "HOT LOOKING" tractor..............i wonder whos it is??? :shock:
Gee, I don't know, I think...maybe it's yours! :)

Found the pic online, thought it was one of the best looking M52 tractors I have seen. Hope you don't mind me showing off your rig to other Steel Soldiers...

vtdeucedriver

Course I dont mind. Tho your not the only one that has shown her off on SS. BTW, in the spring, I will be adding the "Yellow Nose" and some more "added" features that are not "stock" to the truck.

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
I promise I won't do anything.......too stupid.....I have driven a semi around the yard at my old job and hundreds of bobtail rigs around the same yard(lets just say,YOU CAN drive a Freightshaker like you stole it if your quick and lucky AND you look at it as a fleet junker)

redass73

that one is my brothers baby. he takes fairly good care of it..but the old man.. he drives his like a rental car... its an 05 f550 on its 3rd set of brakes in less than 60k...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I want to thank Redass73 for going above the call of duty to get my truck off GL's property and hold it until I can get up there and get it.
I plan to drive up there and drive it home towing my Ranger back with it.
Maybe it will run as good as it looks.
I will post pics when I :grd:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I love M52's and getting a multifuel over a gasser is a good find. I still have to get more time into my gasser but I did love driving it home. Take a credit card with a big credit line cause driving it home will take lots of diesel and coffee.

redass73

you should.... its not a bad way to live... the worst part is some people have a negative stereotype of wrecker drivers.
just have prove them wrong.. we're not all a bunch of dirt bags

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks