• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up a M934 in Kansas and going to Texas

tjwareusmc

Well after trying for a couple of weeks to find an affordable (for me) way to transport my new M934 from Ft. Riley back home to Texas I have decided to go and attempt to bring her back myself. Taking the wife and kids and leaving home tonight, planning to stay at or near Ft. Riley. I called the base and it seems that their lodging is all outsourced to local hotels ($70 per night). That kinda stinks but I'm sure we will manage.

I'm loading up everything I can think of in the enclosed trailer and praying that I can get her running and driving. The odometer is showing only 3800 miles so I'm hoping I will be able to get her going. I'm planning to drain the fuel, check the other fluids, put in fresh diesel, drop in 2 new batteries, get her primed and pray that she runs!!

I talked to Brian at Ft. Riley and he is expecting me. I also added her to my insurance today and got a temporary TX tag for her so I'm pretty hopeful. With fuel prices so low I'm looking at only about $300 total round trip if all goes well.

If I run into any problems I cant handle I'll be posting here for help!! Is anyone else planning to be there tomorrow as well?

FloridaAKM

You came to the right place for advice & help. Good luck with your recovery & we will try to keep murphy busy elsewhere, rather than tailing your recovery trip!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TJ,
Sounds like you have a plan. Hopefully the truck was advertised as running. Drain the fuel/water separator, but leave the tank alone, big hassle dealing with the sumped fuel. Add a good diesel treatment/additive; Howes or Diesel Kleen. If the truck is a true M934, the 11.00 x 20 G177s will roll real well down the road. NHC 250 will run all day.
Take photos and don't push it, pull over and rest if needed.
Good luck
JC

vrshack

Good luck with you trip! That has got to be exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time! I got mine local so I missed out on the memorable recovery trip.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If the truck has 2 fuel tanks DO NOT use the switch to go between them.

After they sit for a while the O-rings get hard and will crack if you use the switch. That will leave you stranded.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks