• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up another 802

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm heading down to Ft. Bragg this morning to pick up a MEP802 from the recent auction. Wish me luck. This one is for my brother. I hope I've picked him out a good one for him.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, I wasn't able to go down and see it ahead. Kinda taking a chance with it using the photos. I did check out the next round on the block while I was there.

It looks OK. A few parts missing. Nothing that can't be fixed.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think so. I think they were taking it apart to get the tank out. Its missing most of the screws in the cover on that end. If I was a betting man I would put money that the tank has a leak. That seems to be a recurring theme with these. Its missing the filling neck and cover for the tank. I have the cap but not the neck.

The engine and everything else looks OK. I'm going to rig up an external tank to see if it runs. Since this is going to be a permanent mounted rig the internal tank won't be needed if its too much trouble to fix. They will want a bigger tank for longer run times anyway.

The engine spins over smoothly by hand. The exhaust flap was intact. Doesn't look like it has any water damage. The parts of the engine I can see through the oil filler and under the filter base look very shiny and clean. I'll give it a good test when I get it running to see how much power it makes.

I'll be changing the timing belt on the VW tomorrow and after that I'll be starting on this 802 in earnest.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks