• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up M35 from GL

hole

Anybody know if GL will have issue if i dont have a 1 day move permit from Ca. DMV? Problem is theres no vin # on data tag or on left front frame rail either. We are going up Thursday to get the truck and plan on driving since its a runner. Any thoughts or info would help thanks

derby

My experiance with GL is, once the vehicle is off site they don't care what you do. that might not be the same for you.I would just insure it and drive it.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL doesnt care about the "DMV/make it legal to drive" paperwork end of things.. They just want it off the lot. Not that Im suggesting this, if it was me, I'd put some insurance on the truck, and go. You sure wont have to worry about getting a speeding ticket.. :) Make sure your lights work, do the PMCS stuff, and drive safely...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Not that Im suggesting this, if it was me, I'd put some insurance on the truck, and go. You sure wont have to worry about getting a speeding ticket.. Make sure your lights work, do the PMCS stuff, and drive safely...
:ditto:

But I am not suggesting it either... 8)

ida34

Here in MI you can drive the truck home without a plate within 48 hours of getting the vehicle. You can drive it home and then to the Secretary of State office (MI DMV) to get it registered. I did have insurance but no plate until after I got it home.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as you follow the rules while on the base GL won't care what you do when you leave. Whatever you drive on base will have to have insurance and registration but you will be able to drive anything off base without anyone checking on insurance ect. don't recommend it of course. :roll:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which base? Some bases are very lax. When I got my deuce from Chambersburg, all the guy cared about was signing the paperwork. After that, he said "enjoy your truck" I could of drove, towed, pushed or pulled the deuce out of there, as long as it left the lot. I chose to put it on a lowboy.

pa.rich

After waiting for weeks for someone to help me, I finally snapped and stopped by, hooked up the batteries and fired that puppy up, Drove it straight thru a snow bank and headed home with it. No lites, ins, etc. I know it was risky but like I said, I snapped. I wouldnt reccomend it either.

hole

The trucks at Barstow Ca. Marine Base the gl guy was pretty cool when we inspected the truck prior to bidding. He let us pull start it / drive around DRMO lot ect.We are going up thursday in Will Wagners duece with tow bar in case.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All was going well for me to drive off base until that building jumped out infront of me!

Got a letter from the Army last week. They want me to pay for the building repairs after all. aua

Sad thing is, it would only take a couple of 2X4s, one 4X8 sheet of plywood, some of that thin insulation, and some siding to fix. So probibly like $250 with materials and labor. But the Army probibly paid the civilians like $5,000 to fix it, so I'll be really screwed! :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks