• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up M925 from Dayton headed to SC

Julian

I am recovering my first MV (M925A0) from Wright Patterson on Monday and hope to have it back to upper South Carolina Monday night or Tuesday. Hopefully it will not end up stored somewhere in between! The trip is about 500 miles. Truck has only a couple hundred miles since RRAD in 2010.

Julian H

jedawson1

Best wishes for your journey...sometimes your the windshield, sometimes the bug. With these trucks its a crapshoot but with it being a rebuild odds are in your favor.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You did not say if you were putting it on a trailer or driving it back. Just be shure to check all fluids including Trans, Transfer and axles. Also since it has air brakes think I would make shure you have the bolts to cage the parking brake in case of problems. I'm an hour off of 95 just 29 miles south of Jacksonville Fl. and I will pm you my cell just incase I could be some help.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be driving the truck from OH to SC. I have read that the trans fluid may not be ATF, what is likely to be in it?
Motor oil , probably a good idea to download the TM"s and the lube order . They are free under the tecnical manual section at the top of every page .

Have read the -10 operators manual , this should be done before driving one of these . It can prevent a lot of expensive damage by improper operation.

skpromotionsllc

Force Multiplier
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know at least one guy who buys stuff almost weekly from Wright Pat, and has even picked up a truck or two. If you like what you purchased, you should be ok. Shipping it would be about $1500 +/- Enjoy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks