• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

picking up my deuce

kipman

the day has finally come, 11 weeks for euc and four visits to make sure she was not lonley.I am taking filters, GL 1, air compressor, dot 5, tools, any thing else you guys can think of. the truck runs and moves, only back and forth 5 feet so far, will check all fluids and test brake after checking master cylinder. the only thing that worrys me is brakes, do they ever fail completley while driving? thanks in advance and wish me good luck tommorow, thanks kip

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they fail, prepare to call the proctologist. I had to have canvas removed from you know where when mine failed while towing another deuce.

kipman

deuce is home

what a great trip, had bad day at work and had to put off getting to dcsc, got there at 1:30, got thru GL and had to pull off site to do my fluid checks. everything was full but could not figure out how to get into the master cylinder. brakes were good so down the road we went, stopped for fuel and air. had a total of 5 state highway patrol behind me with no problem. went 70 miles to rushville and was still drooling. When i got her home I cut the lock on the tool box and was happy to find a air supply rig for filling tires, the jack and tools for tire change, bag full of AMERICAN made hand tools, military fire exhungier, box of safety triangles. could not have been happier.

Attachments

LuckyBambu

RE: deuce is home

Very nice find. Are you going to make any changes (paint, etc) to it, or leave it as is?

How well does it run?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

:beer: !!!!!!!!!!!

Looks great!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Sweet! another one saved and not too far! We'll have to get you down for a meet and greet!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Like everyone says, it looks great. Before you move it another inch, read or learn how to check that brake fluid in the master cylinder. I can't stress this enough. Brake failures are NOT your friend.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Kip, how much notice do you need if someone wants an air filter? Or do you only sell full kits? Oilcan may be driving through tomorrow.

nattieleather

Nice truck...If you drive it in the northern part of the state let me know I'd love to see it.

Cool score on the issued tools and the air hose. I had to make mine up when I had my duce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks