• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up my Mep-003's

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:grin::grin::grin: My EUC cleared this evening, a mere 13 days from submission to approval. Not too bad I think. Now I get to head over to Chambersburg, PA and pick-em up. I'll post some pics after I get them home and let ya'll know about the progress getting them running. I've got two units coming and hopefully they both start and run trouble free!!!! :-D:-D:-D

rat4spd

Good luck. I got mine to turn over, and even belched a little smoke. The batteries I have aren't up to the task, and I need to make a fuel tank.

M725

:grin::grin::grin: My EUC cleared this evening, a mere 13 days from submission to approval. Not too bad I think. Now I get to head over to Chambersburg, PA and pick-em up. I'll post some pics after I get them home and let ya'll know about the progress getting them running. I've got two units coming and hopefully they both start and run trouble free!!!! :-D:-D:-D
Mine took 4 days to clear, fastest I've seen:-D. I guess it helped that I had one go thru Last month (EUC).
I pick mine up Monday at Chambersburg. They have them all under cover in a building .
I do enjoy going up there they have the nicest group of people working there.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't made the appointment yet,
I'm thinking Wednesday or Thursday next week. Do they have equipment to load them? I haven't decided if it will be easier to try to side load with the fork lift, or use the lifting eye and set them on the trailer. The trailer has fenders, and thoughts???

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was there today picking 1 up and Powerhousedeuce was there yesterday picking up 4. They will load you and bend over backwards to help you in any way. Matt is a great guy. I was in and out in 10 minutes. I guess I have lucked out and have had no bad dealings with GL employees. The gen units are stored under shelter.

Nonotagain

I was there today picking 1 up and Powerhousedeuce was there yesterday picking up 4. They will load you and bend over backwards to help you in any way. Matt is a great guy. I was in and out in 10 minutes. I guess I have lucked out and have had no bad dealings with GL employees. The gen units are stored under shelter.
Another +1 for Matt.

The first time I picked up a MEP-003 from Chambersburg I met Matt. Matt was a little concerned that the utility trailer I brought would handle the weight of the generator.

I showed him the load rating label and that if he could to please load from the rear of the trailer so I did not have to remove the side rails. Matt's a very nice guy and will help whenever he can.

When I got home, I used my hydraulic engine crane and a piece of chain through the lift ring to remove it from the trailer and locate it on my pad site.

Make sure you leave around a loop of about a foot of chain, so that when the generator tilts to the heavy end that the arm on your cherry picker does not hit the control panel.

rat4spd

Do they have equipment to load them? I haven't decided if it will be easier to try to side load with the fork lift, or use the lifting eye and set them on the trailer. The trailer has fenders, and thoughts???

Forklift from the back over the ramp if you have one. Then attach a strap to the two tie downs on the side of the gen, and use a come along to pull it forward.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks