• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up tomorrow at Have Dr Grace

klawrence

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am picking my duece up at Havre De Grace tomorrrow. I went down last week and verified the "brakes not working" was due very little to no brake fluid. I added brake fluid and did a quick bleed to see if the peddle came back, which it did. I now have 3 quarts of fluid and a home brew brake bleeding system made from parts at Lowes. I will do a completed bleed of the brakes and then a nice slow journey home ( all of about 20 miles).

Carter

If you need any help with your pickup tomorrow give me a call, I live in Havre de Grace and I am only 5 miles from the NG armory and will give you a helping hand if you call me at 410 939-1215. I can bring a MEP 025A genset if you find you need a jump start.
Have tools will travel :-D Carter

klawrence

Thanks alot, I will be sure to keep your number handy!. I went down last week, fired her and let her run a while, I hope she fires back up!

Thanks again, I have two friends coming with (to crawl on ground to bleed brakes, lol)

jmh4x4

good luck with your pickup. I took a quick look at your truck last week when I was there and was lusting over the winch. How are you planning on getting back over the big river? I didnt know if you have to take these things through scale houses or if you can cruise on by.

klawrence

I am planning on going through Darlington and by the Conowingo scale house, I have two friends who drive truck and they said not to worry about it (famous last words). I guess we will see what happens, I do not expect any trouble though.

I can't wait to pull some logs out of the woods for easy cutup (need excuse to use winch)!!

jmh4x4

klawrence

Ah yes, forgot about that and I went through Darlington for 10 years when I worked on the Edgewood Arsenal. Scenic is fine as I will be going a mixture between International Harvester and Amish buggy slow.

klawrence

Heck I may driven by your house as I kept my boat at Glen cove a few years, I just trailer it now and put it in at Peach Bottom marina on the Lancaster side.

klawrence

Well the pickup went well, bleed the brakes then went to start, dead battery. Justin from GL gladly gave me a jump and even secured my tarp for me ! Absolutley awesome!.

Went a speedy 35- 40 on my way home, all went well. I am giving her a degreasing/bath , I will have pics up soon.

jmh4x4

I havent been able to sleep for a week since getting mine, I keep staring out the window watching it in the moonlight, damn full moon, something magical about a duece in the night