• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pickup day Albany, Georgia

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just bought 2 trucks in Albany Georgia, does anybody know which day of the week the inspector is normally there. It's the first time I buy a truck from there so I don't have the inspectors number or e-mail.

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks a lot, I'm flying in from the Netherlands and have to pickup three trucks in total. One in Jacksonville and the other two in Albany and then drive them back to Maryland.

Now I can plan a little bit ahead.

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The plan is to tow one behind my 2007 M1083A1R and get the other one running. It’s going to be an adventure that is for sure . Just the way I like it.

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
5 days a week 8a to 3p

Its on pecan lane in albany, ga

No appointment necessary
The yard where the trucks are parked is that from Iron planet or is that a company that stores the truck for them? Because you don't have to make an appointment. In August I picked up a truck from New Jersey. The trucks there where stored at a towing company and you also didn't need an appointment.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The yard where the trucks are parked is that from Iron planet or is that a company that stores the truck for them? Because you don't have to make an appointment. In August I picked up a truck from New Jersey. The trucks there where stored at a towing company and you also didn't need an appointment.
Iron planet controls the large yard about a mile from the base. It is controlled by them with about 20 employees there

Crapgame

Is there a phone number for the Albany yard or email to forward Bills of Lading forms, etc to the Yard Manager? I have an M1097A1 non runner that I am contracting with a 3rd party to haul for me sometime next month or January.

AtlantaSBR

Any idea if the staff in Albany will let me do a once over and maybe do a minor fix on the vehicle while I am there? From the pictures on GovPlanet I can’t see the gas pedal and have a replacement to take with me.

Hoping I can have some time to slap something together to make sure I can get on/off the trailer and over the fenders. If not I guess I will have to pull it off site and do the “fix” somewhere else.

DMax82

Any idea if the staff in Albany will let me do a once over and maybe do a minor fix on the vehicle while I am there? From the pictures on GovPlanet I can’t see the gas pedal and have a replacement to take with me.

Hoping I can have some time to slap something together to make sure I can get on/off the trailer and over the fenders. If not I guess I will have to pull it off site and do the “fix” somewhere else.
Staff at Albany are amazing! Last time I was there picking up a trailer that was missing a wheel (knew that in advance and brought my own replacement) they used their loader to lift the trailer while I attached the wheel. They also loaned me an impact driver when they saw that I was using a manual lug wrench. Great folks all around.

Welder1

I have picked up there many times they are very accommodating. They will usually help you load and let you do work within reason there. They will pull the vehicle out front where you pull in. If its a HMMVW they usually pick those up with a fork lift probably will load it for you.

Crapgame

When I picked up 11 March, they wouldn't let me go look at the turbo engined trucks coming up on the block. And, they had to bring the HMMWV up to the front yard with a Case forklift. They set it down for inspection then after a few minutes loaded it onto my trailer.

There wasn't a lot going on so I suppose you may be allowed some time for your inspection and tinkering before you have them load it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks