• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pickup day is fast approaching for the Deuce

Galdron

Well,
Considering its been over 70 days I suspect my pickup date for the Deuce will be coming up very soon. The truck is located at 5391 Leesburg Rd, Eastover, SC.

I talked to Tim the site manager and they only allow pickup of trucks on Tuesday morning from 7:30-8:30AM. He said no one is allowed in the Truck yard except the National Guard guy with the key. They jump and drive the Truck out if they can and you pick it up onsite.

Has anyone else picked up a truck from Eastover? What was your experience?

I bid on a trailer a month later and she has been picked up, rebuilt and painted since then. Just waiting on the truck as the M105 is a bit big for my Suburban.

Thanks for all the help guys this forum has been a wealth of information and entertainment!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up an M116A2 trailer last year. They had no such requirements for trailers at that time, but I don't know about now. However, it did take me about an hour to get through security, so make sure you arrive early enough. It would be a bummer to miss your narrow window and have to come back a week later.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Eastover location is at the back end of Ft. Jackson, which is the National Guard WETS (WeekEnd Training Site). Several people have picked up from there - Wreckerman and Ferro are two that come to mind. I'm sure there are others. It's almost on the way from where Ferro lives and where he works. He can give you pointers on what to expect, so PM him.

Silverback

They won't let you hang around very long, the guys I met seemed to have their s**t together though. They will give you enough time to do a basic safety inspection, but the place is busy. Most of the trucks there seemed to be in better shape (at least to me) than at other locations, fewer of them sitting on flats, all of them that were brought out started on their own, just overall condition seemed better. Hope yours turns out as well.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's pretty easy to get a truck from Eastover. Just make sure you arrive early, and have your act together, and Tim and the Sgt. (his name escapes me, I have to know you for years for it to sink through the thick layer surrounding my tiny brain) will work with you, and lend you a small hand for small things (like throwing on a towbar) Best advice, inspect it for brakes, lights, and steering, then get it out the gate. Out on the side of the road you can inspect and work on it forever if that's what's required.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks