• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pickup in Doyle, CA (need a small item picked up?)

KN6KXR

EDIT: I won a trailer. I'm going. So instead of needing an item picked up[ do YOU need something picked up?

So I got a wrecker ring gear for a great price but have to get it now. This item is the bearing under the crane so it's about 30" in diameter and weighs maybe 200 pounds. It's a two *healthy* person lift. If somebody lives near there (like the Reno area) I'll get you gas money and pay you for your time to get it and hold it until I can get up there. I have friends in the area just no plans to be around there at the moment. A month maybe I'll get by that area. I'm getting really stupid shipping quotes. Much rather put a few bucks in a regular guy's pocket and save some myself if it's possible. Let me know thanks.
-Jim

Last edited:
Reactions: 98G

KN6KXR

Hahaha joke's on me. I bought a trailer and totally spaced on the fact it's in Doyle. Maybe I'll be the one getting this stuff for YOU!

I've got another item up there on auction and am going to try and put them off after that one closes on the 20th. I should be able to get up there first week of the year. Anybody know if the Doyle yard is OK with waiting for a bit if you communicate well with them?

KN6KXR

I too have a small item there that needs to be picked up. I'm looking for someone and will touch base with you if I find someone.
Well let me know. It looks like the best vehicle I have to tow an M1102 is the M936A2. Would use the Tundra but the hitch height is pretty different. I can pick it up and drop it in Reno or take it back to Felton. Put it on a pallet in the yard for awhile or drop it at your favorite shipper in San Jose. I'll probably stop over in Carson City and see an old shipmate on the way back.

Obviously schedule is weather dependent. Hwy 80 gets pretty blasted in the winter. I called GovPlanet customer service today they said first week of next year is fine.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If you can weld make you a hitch to get to the 34in height.

Class 3 flat plate slide in. Half inch plate bolted to it then truss the backside to the insert part and bolt your pintle to it.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well let me know. It looks like the best vehicle I have to tow an M1102 is the M936A2. Would use the Tundra but the hitch height is pretty different. I can pick it up and drop it in Reno or take it back to Felton. Put it on a pallet in the yard for awhile or drop it at your favorite shipper in San Jose. I'll probably stop over in Carson City and see an old shipmate on the way back.

Obviously schedule is weather dependent. Hwy 80 gets pretty blasted in the winter. I called GovPlanet customer service today they said first week of next year is fine.
Mine could be put in the mail.

1671163341397.png

KN6KXR

If you can weld make you a hitch to get to the 34in height.

Class 3 flat plate slide in. Half inch plate bolted to it then truss the backside to the insert part and bolt your pintle to it.
This has been on the list for awhile. The Tundra comes with a class 4 but the hitch I have won't go high enough. It's been an issue with a couple MQ gensets I have to tote around but I've just been dealing with it. The hitch I have has a few bolt hole adjustments I think I'll find a big plate and just double it, bolt it, weld the edges and run a spine down it. The more I look at how much adjustable ones cost the more inclined I am to finally get to this. I'm a decent hand with a stick welder spent a decade working deep sea ships and some rigs. It's the small TIG, aluminum and stainless stuff I need more practice on. Thanks for putting thought back in the old noodle be good to check it off the list.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
This has been on the list for awhile. The Tundra comes with a class 4 but the hitch I have won't go high enough. It's been an issue with a couple MQ gensets I have to tote around but I've just been dealing with it. The hitch I have has a few bolt hole adjustments I think I'll find a big plate and just double it, bolt it, weld the edges and run a spine down it. The more I look at how much adjustable ones cost the more inclined I am to finally get to this. I'm a decent hand with a stick welder spent a decade working deep sea ships and some rigs. It's the small TIG, aluminum and stainless stuff I need more practice on. Thanks for putting thought back in the old noodle be good to check it off the list.

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These can be bought ready made by Curt, Reese, etc and are not too crazy priced. Way much easier and less $ to tow the m1101 behind your civy truck than use a m936 wrecker IMHO
For liability reasons, I prefer a manufactured product than home made but I will add that I do not have that skill set in my wheel house. YMMV

Eriks sells a military trailer adapter reasonable

Your savings in Diesel and time will pay for these critters. M1101 are light and no big deal to be nose down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks