• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics and stories from Iola

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last of the pictures from my camera. It was good to see fellow SS members and sub gunners. I found tons of M37 parts and still had enough dollar bills left to stimulate the economy at the local dance club. :beer:

Bert

Attachments

cx65083

The last of the pictures from my camera. It was good to see fellow SS members and sub gunners. I found tons of M37 parts and still had enough dollar bills left to stimulate the economy at the local dance club. :beer:

Bert

Thanks for all the pics. I think I saw the bent bumper of my truck at the end of one of those rows of trucks. Mine was beside the gun truck in the first pic in post #21.
Guess I was too busy 'toy shopping' to get a lot of pics this year. Will do better next year!

mobilized medic

Iola MV show

A good show again despite all the recent changes in the big collections previously brought in.
Losing Kevin Kronlund this winter was a terrible loss to positive direction in the hobby.
I miss Chet Krause's jeep collection too.
Sigh, times change and people come and go, but these steel critters become our monuments if not our epitaphs.
Maybe next year us local "Steelies" can set up our own venue and hang a banner or two.
I live in Antigo about 50 miles north of Iola. Next year I am bringing my M43,M38A1 and M274A5 along with my Korean aid station/medic tribute. I will need help manning all this. Any help out there?
To keep this show going we could add some "mettle" to the metal.
I would offer my Mule pulling my M100 around. A parts "go-fer"?
Great pics By the way. A lot of heavy haulers around this year. I wondered who was running that big rig around the aisles.
Regards,Mobilized

cx65083

Maybe next year us local "Steelies" can set up our own venue and hang a banner or two.
I live in Antigo about 50 miles north of Iola. Next year I am bringing my M43,M38A1 and M274A5 along with my Korean aid station/medic tribute. I will need help manning all this. Any help out there?
To keep this show going we could add some "mettle" to the metal.
I would offer my Mule pulling my M100 around. A parts "go-fer"?
Great pics By the way. A lot of heavy haulers around this year. I wondered who was running that big rig around the aisles.
Regards,Mobilized
That's a great idea, and I'd love to help. Put me down to help out for next year. I did meet a few SS members, and while a bunch were clumped together here n there... it still seemed we were spread out a bit. I think it would be more impressive with ALL of us lined up in one long row with a big banner and matching T-shirts. I will also make sure I can be there more than just one day this time.

Man, I am ALL for borrowing a mule next year for parts getting! I felt like a newb driving down the isles like that! <cheesy grin!>
SO glad I didn't have the rear cover on, visibility was bad enough without it.

DomUnique

Nice job T. Highway!!
Looking through these I see you managed to capture some of me and the family in a couple of them. :-D
Post #21 8th Pic is me and my daughter behind the gamma goat (100_0930.jpg)

Thanks for the great Pics!!

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Losing Kevin I think had an effect on our entire community, BUT I will say when I came upon the M-123 AND the M-125 with Kevin's name on the windshield I was without words, I could not think of a better honor for one of our own! This was my first year attending the show and I was not dissapointed, I ended up buying a really nice car trailer and purchased tires etc. to single out my 5 ton. It was a great experience to see and I learned a lot! I will be back next year!
KK

Riftweaver

Well, since I have already been chastised for not posting pics....Here goes....

I had a great time at the show and met quite a few SS members. I will say that every SS member I met was a pure pleasure to converse with.

On the first pic, props go out to Chain-Saw. It's a picture out the cab of my truck while following his leaking axle seal all the way up and back...No, I would never pic and drive....it wasn't me.

Thanks to Kenny, Chain-Saw and Todd for letting me hang around...

I would also like to send a big thank you out to Dave (MWMules) for bringing the huge bag of parts along with you for me!

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks