• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pics and what not wyoming trip

t120r

thought i would post some pics of my trip to wyoming. after replacing fuel filters in pa, u joint in iowa and cleaning electric fuel pump filter at least 5 times truck is now parked in wyoming and ready for service. oh and the alternator burnt up in nebraska. still a 6 day trip 2100 miles. average 7.5 mpg.
train with neweer equipment is coming fron utah depot after rebuilds. train was 3 miles long.

t120r
md.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Kick azz! Love to see 109s decked out and being used. Just above the fuel tank, is that a storage compartment? Did you do the mod?

tamangel

t120r, very nice rig..pretty 'artsy' first pic...! Do you have any photos or drawings on how your interior is set up? Do your solar panels provide enough power to keep your batteries up also? Water tank and hot water.. Other camper-type 'amenities that you have adapted..?

Mike

t120r

m109 camper stuff

some more pics. this m109 has two types of heat 1. is a 28,000 btu m151 hot water type with 12v low and 24 v high. it gets real toasty. 2nd heater is lastest pilotless gas heater under cabinet anmd stove. there is a 36 gallon water tank under cabinet also. yes those tool box lids were put in by me.
one on each side. one for tools and one for air compressor(elec) and 24 v charger.

i do have a 10,000 watt (peak) 24/110 inverter which feeds the 110v stuff.
the ac is 110v 18000 btu. 2 bunks with lift up lids i will post some more pics tonite after work.

artic cat (kaw) 2200 watt gen on front fender and 4500 watt on front of trailer. other side oppisite sink and stove has freeezer/ref gun safe and draws for canned goods.

no hot water yet but stove works good for a whore bath.

t120r
md.

Attachments

halftrack

Can you show in google earth the location of that camp called wild bunch hideout. That has to be one of the most scenic pictures I have ever seen. Awesome trip. I assume when you refer to depot you are describing toole army depot?

Flea

The color, the trailer, the stance and the whole location is just exactly what I want to do someday in my deuce.

Perfect. Just perfect. [thumbzup]

How were in-cab temps out west?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW! Those are some great pics of a great rig! You put a lot of work into that truck and trailer. I love the first picture, very deep blue sky makes for a striking photo of your M109...

gunner01

Isnt Utah just beautiful ....now you know why I live here....your first pic looked like you were in the Moab area,It is one of the nations greatest 4x4 trail rides. Ppl from all around the world come to Moab at Easter to do the Moab Jeep Safari.......even an occasional deuce makes it there....Hope you enjoyed our wonderful state........stop by next time for dinner................

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's really impressive! I think this qualifies you as a member of the Road Trip Club! The first pice is great art! I see the solar cells on the back of the truck, good going there. Nice A/C ! Any bunk space in that rig or all infrastructure? If you have a diagram of the electical system in the box, it would be interesting. I have also some big batteris and would like to add an inverter and charge controller. Where id you get a 10KW inverter? Does it run on 24V?

t120r

m109 electrical system

the truck has 2 24 volt battery packs . the largest welding leads go from battery packs #1 in regular place on passenger side and #2 under driver to ther largest marine switch i found. position of switch is #1 , #2 and both . I run both battery packs. They float the charge between them. Solar panels put out 30 watts . They are permatly connected to both battery packs. The panel box for this m109 has 4 fuse blocks 2 12 v and 2 24 v. the step down voltage converters are 40 amps each. the fuse blocks also have there own 40 amp circuit breaker.headlights are 12 v hella. turn signals and stock military lights are 24 volt. after using 24 volt h3 bulbs i switched to 12v because the 24 v bulbs kept burning out from vibration. the running lights up high are 12 v.

The 24 volt to 110 volt inverter has the large welding leads going straight to the marine switch. it is 10000 peak 5000 watt continuios. I always turn the marine switch to off when truck is parked so the only juice running through it would be the solar panel voltage.

By the way these pics are in the red desert in wyoming not utah. i even put one fuse box in the trailer, it has interior lights as well as 1 underbody lite to help with walking around at nite under the influence.

The area of the hide out i really can only give a broad area as the person who showed me where it was is related to some one who was in the wild bunch. this is where they holed up after the tiptom wyoming train robbery and before they took off for south american

this duece was built for the sole purpose to explore the upper and lower red desert of wyoming. as u can see it does it perfectly. the bikes are the main stat tho for exploring. 71 bsa and 73 triumph outfitted for desert service.

western writers want to know the hide out location but i am not telling.
enjoy the pics. the pic with the meadow is the real hide out. fire pit and cut trees are evident throughout the place as well as bones from deer and antelope the shot. part of corral is still up.

Attachments

54reo

RE: m109 electrical system

Wow!

This is one of the most interesting threads in awhile.

VERY good job sir, and I am looking forward to seeing more!

t120r

m109 inside

inside of truck

drivers side
microwave oven/stove
sink
utensil drawers
pot and pan drawer

passenger side
gun safe
refridgerator
ice maker
food stuffs drawers

fold up table at ac
cupboard above ac for entertainment center
blue panel box holds 12/24 volt fuse blocks

bunks are brown canvas/foam 27x84 long
underneath footlocker space 1 sidw tool box on other accessible from outside

t120r
md

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: general area

How is/was the AC rigged in. I would like to do something in my 109. Can I get some specific pictures of that part? Others may be interested too!

M1075

RE: general area

Fantastic pics! Many thanks for posting the coordinates in the last picture. Will that lead me to the camp?