• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics from Training!!!

sandcobra164

:grd:We are installing the deep fording kits tomorrow, we'll be sure to replace the duckbill air cleaner housing drain, and our HMMWV's will get through that hole!!!!!!! No more messing around with hyrdostatic locked motor's or any of that trash. I expect to see HMMWV's doing what Uncle Sam intended for them to do and that's go anywhere on the planet that Civi model trucks cannot. The pics will be less interesting as they will just be picture's of HMMWV's that have conquered that particular hole that stuck us the last time. I'm still in and still have that "Live free or die" spirit. These trucks will prevail against that incredibly deep mud hole and it will give the HMMWV incredible street cred to all the Civilians who saw it perish to that mud hole last drill. I'm grateful that the HMMWV that got stuck twice received a clean bill of health from the maintenance crew and it will be the first to get the fording kit and it will "Lead the Way". Tomorrow will be fun, we aren't going to lock up any motor's and we will show dominance to the deep stuff. Now if only they didn't put canvas doors with leaking seals or holes in the floorpan's to get us all wet!!!!! We'll at least keep the intake to the motor dry and drive out of that mess under our own power!!!!!!! Not that they'll ever sell them, DON'T BID ON HMMWV'S FROM GEORGIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ecupirate

As an infantryman and weekend warrior myself I am all for good realistic training. However some things that we do need to be kept in house and amongst the family. I love off roading and there is nothing better than using uncle sam's awesome and capable vehicles and fuel. However some of the general tax paying public would frown upon this behavior, and steel soldiers is a public forum that is viewed by many people who love MV's and love seeing them used, but there are also those who may be critical of MV's, and the military etc. I am all for good training and for training to be good and realistic it sometimes means we put our vehicles and ourselves through the paces and test the limits. But "some" people could and would view these pictures and the dialogue and say "just some more immature G.I's trying to break something I am going to have to pay for yada yada yada". We in the military and government already have enough negative stereotypes attached to us, especially us soldiers. We do not need to give anyone any more ammunition to be used in our detriment. I am not trying to bust your b**** I am just saying we all need to be situationally aware and project the best proffessional image that we can to the taxpayer. Because we are proffesionals, it does not matter if we are a weekend warrior or active duty we are the Armed Forces of the greatest nation on earth and we must present ourselves as such. Like I said I am not trying to get on you or pick a fight just giving my 2 cents. Thanks for your motivation to take time with the new guys and bring them in the fold and show them the ropes, keep up the good work. M. Rouse

papaydsailor

i work in federal and a weekend warrior too and proud to wear the uniform and use the vehicle of both services but wherever you are there will always be this lowlife people that blame all their misseries to the govt. and i always tell them to try and go live in other country first before they open their mouth. the foriegn soldiers that we train with a year ago told us that the only time they can drive and actually use their tanks is when they have joint training exercise with us because the fund that got allocated for the maintenance and gas of their vehicle is being pocketed by their elected official.

sandcobra164

An update for the masses that love 6.2 powered HMMWV's, that truck that hydrolocked it's motor twice blew it's engine recently. It spit 2 connecting rods out of the oil pan. It now has a GEP 6.5 N/A in it's place. The truck survived 5,000 miles of driving and many month's of idling after the abuse. It went to Annual Training twice, powered the HMMWV to get a new paint job, and finally gave up the ghost with 79,892 miles on the odo and it still had the 85' federal emmisions sticker on the valve cover. It almost made it 30 years!!!

nattieleather

I don't feel bad for you or the trainnies or the truck. I feel bad for the guy who has to do all the PMCS on the truck because you got it so muddy and wet. If that's you then I feel sorry for you... :) Looks like you had some good training. You should have told the 1SG that it was the little onse who got it stuck and watch his wheel spin on that...:LOL: rofl

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
Great job training

Great job Joseph! I am glad to see you are putting the equipment I help pay for to the MAX.
I use to have people whining about my job, because the outcome was killing dogs. I worked at a pacemaker manufacturer, and I would do surgery on the dogs and install pacemakers in them. We needed to get real time training on putting them in, (without killing the dog) and the research on exactly what it did to the dogs. End result, we cut the dogs open, took out their heart, and studied their heart and arteries. (DEAD DOG). But we trained the best heart surgeons in the world how to install pacemakers. I use to tell the whiners that I would be glad to install a pacemaker IN THEM that had not been tested yet, and have a Dr. help that had never put one in before. (Point) Sometimes you have to kill some things, dogs or trucks, to make sure that when it's for real, our troops know exactly what to do. What would have been the outcome if one of those trainees got stuck like that while live fire was raining down on them. I would rather kill the truck over here than our troops over there. I think you did great Joseph, and thank you for keeping the whiners safe, and for your service. Put up more videos, I like seeing our money used wisely, to keep our troops alive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks