• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of Adam's new M172A1 and M37

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neat M37 - note it has the four-color MERDC camo paint job. It was one of the few that survived in Uncle Sam's arsenal after the 1974 changeover from 24087 OD green to MERDC. Very cool!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
AMG is that my old M818?? If so, I think someone (not me) turned it up to the hilt. It will haul booty though!!!
Also good for mesquito control:!:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB, it's Westy's 'old' truck. he owned it for a week or two. It's still burning through that mess I had at Haspin. Maybe another tank full or two...

Funny thing about the m37- I owned it about 2 yrs ago, sold it to Brandon, then my wife bought it back from him!!!!

Yes Mike, I did notice the 4 color. Not sure what she will paint it...

dittle

I noticed you're missing the "man-killer" ramps for the trailer.....ok you're better off without those heavy **** things. Ask me how I know.....:lol:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good thing no Commercial Vehicle Enforcement officers were paying attention. Wouldda run out of tickets.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that the extreme mud bogging, trial riding M818 from the rally vids?
Why yes, it is! :cool:

NDT-
Why? I had over width permits, trailer was marked as per NC and SC requirements, I have a Class A CDL, truck is registered for the weight and has a commercial insurance policy. I went through a weigh station, all I got was a couple of waves from a glass building full of DOT enforcement personnel and a green light at the end of the scales. I consider that a passing exam...

AMGeneral

According to NC DMV laws,overwidth signs are not required for loads less than 10 feet in width,a M172A1 is 9' 7" in width.Fairly sure SC has similar requirements.

VA on the other hand,requires both front and rear signs and flags.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
According to NC DMV laws,overwidth signs are not required for loads less than 10 feet in width,a M172A1 is 9' 7" in width.Fairly sure SC has similar requirements.
VA on the other hand,requires both front and rear signs and flags.

So does GA...anything over 102 inches...SO signs and flags required...with permit of course.

Ask me how I know....wait don't ask me.aua

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SC doesn't require over width signs until 12ft or more, according to the permit. I did pull the mud flaps on the truck, I didn't think about putting them on the trailer until you said something! thanks, I probably can cut one in half and mount a half on each side.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They gave you a green light because the Officer didn't want to spend 4 hours in the hot sun writing tickets..........Looks good, I can't wait to lay eyes on it.