• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of Deuce - 9.00x20 vs. 11.00x20?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have any pics of a side-by-side comparison of a deuce with stock 9.00x20 tires on it, versus the bigger 11.00x20 tires? If not a side-by-side, then perhaps just a couple different shots showing the comparison....

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guy I share my shop with put 1100x20's on his deuce, dualled on the stock rims. He has had no rubbing/touching issues (we checked carefully) including loaded, BUT he is using NDT's not the radials. Radials are apparently much 'bulgier'.
The most interesting side effect was that the truck became easier to steer at low speed, logic would indicate the opposite was more likely.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After putting 11.00x20s on my deuce I also noticed better slow speed turning, even when standing still.

They must intimidate the earth more, so it loosens its grip and lets them turn... Yeah, right. :roll:

jasonjc

Ferroequinologist said:
After putting 11.00x20s on my deuce I also noticed better slow speed turning, even when standing still.

They must intimidate the earth more, so it loosens its grip and lets them turn... Yeah, right. :roll:

I put 12.50R20XL's on the front of my M35A2W/W and it too seems to steer better. I'm going to put 11.00 NDT's on one of mine hear soon.

dmetalmiki

tyre selection

I put 1200x20 (singles) on my deuce. low revs nice cruise speed. M.P.G. as all speedos read "fast" putting larger tyres on without modding the speedo drive usually results in a TRUE speed. not too inacurate I find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks