• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pics of m818 and ford gpw

trooper632

here are a couple of my toys, 1972 AM General M818 just picked up, everything works great on it, except for a torn seat back cover. And my restored (on a cheap budget) 1942 Ford GPW jeep. it was sitting in a field down the road from me. it took 2 years for the owner to give it up. Free just come and take it away. most of the parts were ordered from company's on the east coast, the parts were still wrapped in wax paper from the warehouses. put about 600 bucks into it. lot of fun rebuilding it. also have a m817 and a m35a2, will post pics of all of them together later.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They both look great. I love the look of a motorpool restoration so much better than a spare no expense (better than new X10) restoration. Something you wouldn't be afraid to drive to the grocery and run in for milk.

bassetdeuce

I have to agree. That jeep just looks so much more "real" than those museum restorations. Grocery store...:lol:...aw hell, I would do some light to moderate wheeling in that! Oh, and the big ol 818 is very sharp too.