• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of my $12 gun mount

progun

securedownload.jpgphoto3.jpgphoto2.jpgphoto1.jpgphoto.jpgCouldn't drop the 1K right now for a mount for the M60 airsoft so I went and got some used fencepost and conduit and whipped one up for now. Came out ok and looks like the real thing to most people.

progun

The "ammo can" is actually a hopper for the airsoft bb's. this thing shoots crazy fast. I added the dummy belt ammo to it. It's all metal and a quality gun.

progun

Yea, that's it, I wish I would've gotten the right era gun. I didn't know at the time. Yes, I thought of that but I ran out of scrap metal, lol.

FrankUSMC

Keep a sharp eye looking around for the correct mount. The last mount I found for the M151 was owned by a Marine who was going to make it into his mailbox holder! I bought him a nice mailbox holder and took home the mount.
On that note, another collector I know in Jacksonville, NC ( Camp Lejeune) found a nice ring mount for the 50 cal M2 at a ladies house. It was in her yard and she had planted flowers inside of it.
Good luck, they are out there.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

67Beast

Hey pro gun can you post measurements and close up pics!
Also where can I pick up a used ,nonfunctional air soft m-60?
Other than looking through the countless airsoft for sale forums to find one or occasionally the big airsoft retailers like Evike.com, Airsoft GI, or Airsoft Atlanta will have one in their boneyard sections for broken or returned guns. Here was a listing from Evike for one, http://www.evike.com/products/38611/ They are out there, it just takes some time to find them. I have 2 of them and the last one I bought for $200 fully functioning from a kid who thought it would be a cool gun to have and play airsoft games with, until he found out just how bad it sucks to carry one all day at a game. Even the airsoft versions are heavy to carry at around 18 pounds.

Attachments

Whiterabbit

I toted one of those for a few years and I can't see humping one around for fun! Now a vehicle mounted one, that's a whole different kind'a fun unless you're in the front seats eating hot brass.
I know of a few trucks that were running around in Iraq with home made gun mounts, home made bumpers, ammo mounts, etc. Same thing happened in Vietnam I'm sure! GI's will make what they need if they can't get what they need through the supply system. Been there, done that! :lol: Authentic!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks