• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of my Deuce.... and girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

progun

The calendar will actually be of her and all of my classic cars past and present. The deuce is just for July. Should be available around October. I'll keep y'all posted

Wrench Wench

I've heard of "wrapping yourself in the flag" before, but that was ridiculous.

So, was the scantily clad young lady the future Mrs. Sgt. Tillis, or the future Mrs. PFC Gordan?

Last edited:

swampzr2

Enough bickering, this thread needs more pictures!!!! Maybe your lady has a camo bikini to model for another month? We will give you feedback. [thumbzup]

Blythewoodjoe

It's kind of funny. I have read most of this thread, not because I thought it would have more scantily clad women in it, but because of the different opinions about the use of the flag. Very intriguing. I think I can sum up my feeling best this way:

Twenty years ago I would have wanted one of these calendars to hang somewhere. Would not have thought about the flag.

Today in my mid-forty's I find the whole "girl" calendar thing inappropriate. I think the flag should be used with more respect than the photos portray.

I suspect in another 20 years I would want to smack the poster in the head with my cane while shouting "you should know better".

All that said for me the bottom lines is this: It's a free world and I have given up on trying to get people to think the way I do. Do as you wish, but be kind, and learn something from everything. I did not decide to check this thread because it had "deuce" in the title. I checked because it has "girl" in the title. I can't complain about the girl. But I do wish she was draped in canvas ;).

Last edited:

boomer

progun,

You've got yourself a good lookin truck, but your use of the flag in these photo's is inappropriate.

2cents

176. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
  • (a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
  • (b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
  • (c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
  • (d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
  • (e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
  • (f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
  • (g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
  • (h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
  • (i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
  • (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
  • (k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.
:ditto:

progun

The other cars will be 2 MGB-GTs, my 280Z, MG-TD, MG Midget, Austin Hhealey Sprite, Ford 8N tractor, Honda CB 750 Four and others. Here's an example....

Attachments

mudguppy

The other cars will be 2 MGB-GTs, my 280Z, MG-TD, MG Midget, Austin Hhealey Sprite, Ford 8N tractor, Honda CB 750 Four and others. Here's an example....
that is an egregious and disrespectful manner in which she is holding that helmet!!! helmets should never be cradled that way!!!

your pictures are disrespectful!!

ack ack ack ack....!!!!!

that will make a very cool calendar. my girlfriend (now wife) has made 4 different calendars for me in that same manner - she made one with my Bronco in college, one with John Deer tractors, one with Cat equipment, and one of our first Great Dane.

these were all surprise gifts, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks