• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of new toy and help with identification.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not do both. Restore this, add radios and a few up to date ammenities then get an M105 to tow behind. Tons of goodies can be crammed in an M105. There are even a few examples of them being converted to campers. You could also put an S250 in the M105 and move your comms or camp quarters back there. M185 is a good catch.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Restore it.

Neat ride-lots of early stuff. Sprag, early non-overdrive shifter, 25A generator, early turn signals, etc.
I just realized I missed the rear exit exhaust! No stack.

FeeksTactical

I just realized I missed the rear exit exhaust! No stack.
Yeah, it actually exits between the axles on the passenger side. I wonder how hard is it to buy a clean air stack and retrofit it??? hmmm.... Still can't decide. Either way it will still have mass quantities of radios, HF, VHF, UHF, maybe even a mobile repeater site :)...

Also, is it in anyway easily possible to mount a PTO winch on it, or is that mostly out of the question?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would avoid the stack like the plague. Enjoy the silence. Winch? Of course. Any M44 series truck winch components will bolt on but the gasser prop shaft is different.

FeeksTactical

I would avoid the stack like the plague. Enjoy the silence. Winch? Of course. Any M44 series truck winch components will bolt on but the gasser prop shaft is different.
See that's why I joined here. I will stay away from the stack I guess. Also I was told (obviously wrong) that the M185A3 LDT-465 multi could not mount a winch, something about no PTO mount, I'll have to check when I get home. I sure hope I can as I really believe a winch is a good idea as I live in Michigan and we have lots of snow sometimes. Thanks for the info!!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neat truck, it will be a pretty easy restore/upgrade. Have fun. It will look good with a matching 105 behind it.
JC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks