• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of the dueces I drive

grfd711

As said in my intro, I'm a firefighter (both paid and volunteer), so I get to operate some M35A2s and M35A3s. Attached are a few pics. Don't have much for pics on the vollie dept yet, but since I'm a member here, I'll see about snapping a few pics next time I'm over there.

Pics I'm posting now are of the former brush truck on my paid FD and the current brush truck (former being the A2 and the current is the A3). I want to say that I'm not much of a mechanic, and one guy who works for us who's a retired MP from the Army did most of the work on the current brush truck, so all kudos to him.

There's been a monitor attached to the front of the current brush truck, as well as an update on the blinkies. I'll try to get more current pics soon.

Enough of the talking for now, here's the pics:

Attachments

rwoods

Nice looking rigs. Is the A3 missing the counterweights on the wheels? If so how have does it ride at speed? Has your mechanic done anything to protect all the A3's air lines under the truck? If so, I would be interested in knowing what he has done - mine seem very vunerable to damage from limbs and saplings. Thanks for sharing. Ron

grfd711

The counterweights are still there. Also, the wheels are a different paint scheme now. They're red with the counterweights painted silver. Again, one of those subtle changes since these pics have been taken.

As far as the airlines, nothing has been added for extra protection to my knowledge.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
My gawd those A3 are ugly. Love that A2 though! Let us now if you guys run into any troubles, we'll help the best we can. Thanks for helping others.

grfd711

Here's the rig in it's current condition. Not the greatest picture, as it's in the bay. No use of pulling it outside since it was already dark. But, this shows the current setup to include the painted wheels, monitor on the front and update in blinkies.

Attachments