• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of the new Deuce

SouthTexasDiesel

Here she is, drove 1500 miles round trip to get it. I was trying to get insurance through Hagerty for it, they denied me due to "Excessive/Inappropriate Use" because I wanted to use the truck on my private property. What kind of BS is that? Called Gulfway and they said no problem here's your quote, they even asked me if I was a member of SteelSoldiers. [thumbzup]

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/Shock884/DSCF0283.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/Shock884/DSCF0300.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/Shock884/DSCF0299.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/Shock884/DSCF0298.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/Shock884/DSCF0297.jpg

SouthTexasDiesel

StreetbikeDepot said:
Hey thats a sweet deuce! :drool:

No longer than you left, I realized I needed that new set of windshield wiper blades that are in the tool box....oh well..LOL
Yep I got her back in one piece. It was fun going up and down those hills with that load.

Pawnshop

State Farm insured mine for $47 for six months, but it is registered "Texas Former Military" which means limited use, however there is no stated mileage limit.

By the way: Where in South Texas are you? I am in Austin

SouthTexasDiesel

Pawnshop said:
State Farm insured mine for $47 for six months, but it is registered "Texas Former Military" which means limited use, however there is no stated mileage limit.

By the way: Where in South Texas are you? I am in Austin
Talked with the local State Farm agent and he said they wouldn't insure the truck because of the size. Gulfway seems to be the best bet, they know specifics about the truck and are SteelSoldiers firendly.

I even called my insurance company for my daily drivers and they wanted $750 a year just for liability.

I live about 2 hours south of Corpus in Brooks County.

Pawnshop

That SF agent just didn't know HOW to do it, I had the same trouble here, fortunately there are dozzens of SF agents in Austin. The pretty, young Hispanic lady who wrote my policy asked me to describe the truck and as I was trying to put it in "girl terms" she said "like a Deuce?", turns out she was Army Reserve!

South of CC? You ARE in South Texas! Keep that beast under lock and key, They would love her in Mexico...

SasquatchSanta

I'm also in the process of doing business with Gulfway. I'm currently with Continental Western and feel I can do better.

It's good to hear that other SS members are having good results with Gulfway.

Good luck with your new ride.

Hope that your duece doesn't become a permanent "Trailer Queen". :) Looks great!

Here in Pennsylvania, State Farm insured my Duece for $47/six months. So, I switched from Geico who denied me a policy. Plus, I got a home renters insurance policy bundled in. Altogether it was pretty much the same amount as I was paying Geico for one car. I looked thru the paperwork and didn't see any restriction either.

SouthTexasDiesel

SgtHatred said:
Hope that your duece doesn't become a permanent "Trailer Queen". :) Looks great!

Here in Pennsylvania, State Farm insured my Duece for $47/six months. So, I switched from Geico who denied me a policy. Plus, I got a home renters insurance policy bundled in. Altogether it was pretty much the same amount as I was paying Geico for one car. I looked thru the paperwork and didn't see any restriction either.
That's a big NEGATIVE on the trailer queen. It was bought to work, and work it will. I'm planning on using that 12' bed for all it's worth, deuces are fun to look at but there nothing better than making it earn it's diesel.

I also plan on mounting my 15' BBQ pit in the bed for football games, do a "lil-bit-o-cookin"

goldneagle

OK this is gonna sound stupid but How do you get a 15' bbq pit in a 12' bed? The math don't work for this former Yankee!! aua :popcorn:

DanMartin

Coolness!

How did it tow with that set-up?

Tell me about the trailer you used...size/brand/etc.

I have nearly the same truck, and would like to use it to fetch these big trucks in the future. I have the 4.30 gears and the 6.0 diesel, which I am very happy with. I'm sure the truck is enough, but would love to know your experience on that long drive.

Oh..and tell us more about the truck..year, etc.