• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of the new Deuce

SouthTexasDiesel

goldneagle said:
OK this is gonna sound stupid but How do you get a 15' bbq pit in a 12' bed? The math don't work for this former Yankee!! aua :popcorn:
The BBQ pit is 12' of cooking surface w/ a 3' firebox. About 1' of the pit will hang beyond the tailgate with the firebox.

SouthTexasDiesel

DanMartin said:
Coolness!

How did it tow with that set-up?

Tell me about the trailer you used...size/brand/etc.

I have nearly the same truck, and would like to use it to fetch these big trucks in the future. I have the 4.30 gears and the 6.0 diesel, which I am very happy with. I'm sure the truck is enough, but would love to know your experience on that long drive.

Oh..and tell us more about the truck..year, etc.
My tow rig is a 2008 F-350 6.4 dually with 3.73 gears and 6-speed manual tranny. Some modifications: S&B intake, SCT programmer (towed with 40hp tow tune) with Diesel Particulate Filter and Cat removed (I hate the EPA). It took the load very well. I was able to climb some pretty good hills at 65MPH in OD without loosing any speed. My mileage was about 7.8 mpg going 65-70MPH.

The trailer is a custom 39' Texas Pride dual tandem deckover with 10k axles and full length torque tube to prevent flexing of the trailer. I wouldn't recommend towing a Deuce on a trailer more than 30' long w/o a torque tube.

Turned out to be a good set-up for the load. Truck never even got above normal operating temp.

The Deuce is a 72' AM General with "D" Motor and the "C" whistler turbo, canvas top, and winch. Rebuilt in 92' and only has 2200 miles on the odometer and 1000 hours on the hourmeter.