• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of Trip to Jack's Gov Surplus

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I am guessing that you fellows are aware that Jack sadly passed away a month or so ago. I do not know the future of this stuff, but I suspect that the Gama Goats and Husky mentioned in another thread (near Salt Lake) are a part of this estate.

Regards,
David Doyle

marcinsandpoint

A guy i know in salt lake city that is coming out next week for the camp delta gathering called me yesterday said he would see me there and then started to tell me all about this guy that belonged to the same MV club as him and that he had just passed away, his place near salt lake city that had trucks and surplus all over, something like 10 acres worth ?? and his name was Jack..
he also told me he was with jack at his yard like last year or something like that and as they walked the yard he asked jack what was in the train car over there, jack said it is filled with socket sets...

no one has heard what is going to happen with it all but they did here that jack had enough weapons for a small army.. and it was all going to some one in florida??

forget GL we will just go there....:driver:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am guessing that you fellows are aware that Jack sadly passed away a month or so ago. I do not know the future of this stuff, but I suspect that the Gama Goats and Husky mentioned in another thread (near Salt Lake) are a part of this estate.

Regards,
David Doyle
Jack Tomlin (Utah) is not Jack Martin. (Tucson, AZ)

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jack's is in Tucson. He is still there. Tomlin's Ordnance (Jack Tomlin) is in Tooelo (sp) Utah. He passed this summer. Someone had (mangus maybe?) a whole bunch of photos of his place. Since he has passed maybe they could be put back up??? :beer:

Wolfen

That would be nice. I would still like to know if anyone is going to be visiting Jacks in Tuscon. I talked to Jack on the Phone and confirmed that he has some CCKW's. I would just like someone to look at them and see what kind of condition they are in before I spend the Money to go there.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everything I asked about, with ME fixing not HIM, was very reasonable in my opinion. Ask for a vehicle AS IS, it will be alot cheaper. I can't wait till our move is over next spring so we can go back for another load.:beer:

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh good, I see a rail line nearby! [thumbzup]
LOL! I was weaving eyes into the 1 1/4" manila rope I got for a tow rope for my WWII Dodge and a friend started laughing.

I said what??

He said if I had a boat it wouldn't be a ski boat or a yacht, it would be an ex-Navy tug!!!:p

BTW, I used to work at the station pictured in your avatar. Good times, but the steel mill pays WAY better.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He is definately not. Jack Tomlin from Tomlins ordnance was the one who passed. He was in Utah and has a similar type yard.

WolfWalking

OK, someone tell me there are some WC-62/63 1 1/2 tons there, just humor me, lie if you have to. LOL Seroiusly, AZ is closer if they have a decent cargo bed.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, someone tell me there are some WC-62/63 1 1/2 tons there, just humor me, lie if you have to. LOL Seroiusly, AZ is closer if they have a decent cargo bed.
Call him. He probably has one but he won't sell parts off a complete truck, and most are.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks